Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL is trying to take my kid! (long) *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM
  • 255 Replies
5 moms liked this

I have had it. I posted about my MIL before and she was supposed to move by the end of this month. She got really sick (legit) and my DH decided not to push it. Well she is better and saying her BF is going to get her a place. Well I told her if he doesn't get her a place my Aug 31, she goes back to her apt 8 hours away. I'm done.

Backstory: She is dating a married man. When they met he said that he and his wife were separated and in the process of getting a divorce. I wouldn't do it...but whatever, she's grown (She is 55). So come to find out he and his wife are still a couple, no divorce filed. MIL makes excuses. He shows her all these papers saying how much money he has and promises her a car and a house and everything else. Fast forward 2 years... she still stays with us. She found out he actually has very little money- he lied to her. He didn't get her a place, or a car, or a divorce. He lies until he gets busted or he drinks too much and lets it slip.

So she decided to pick a fight today. She said I have to like him because he will be her husband one day. I say I have no such obligation. I don't like his morals or his personality. She says, "Well I had to like you because you married my son." I told her I never cared if she liked me or not. That was her choice. Then she said (and this should be emphasized), "If I don't marry him be prepared for me to take A (who is 2yo) for six months a year." I told her it would never happen. She said it would. I told her DH would never do that. She says, "It doesn't matter what you say, I can get my son to do it because I am the matriarch of this family." I told her she has lost her mind. DH said the same thing. Now she wants to talk to him because if what I said was true (she can't take DS2) she will be very disappointed. The sad part is she is completely serious. I told DH she could kiss my ass. She's not taking my kid. 

Update: So DH and I had a talk last night. He would like her to leave ASAP. He is planning on talking to her today. I told him I would be willing to be the bad guy, do the dirty work, and let everyone be mad at me. He said no, he will take care of it. I will let you know what happens.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tgant731
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Sorry about any spelling or grammatical errors. I got carried away...

ashthecat
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM
7 moms liked this

She definetly sounds a little coo-coo for cocoa puffs. If I were you I'd want her out of my house ASAP also. Good luck getting her the hell out of your hair. 

mom2hadley
by Heather on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM
She definitely needs to get out of your house ASAP!
Tgant731
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM

I am trying to without being a bitch. I am SOOOOO done.

Quoting ashthecat:

She definetly sounds a little coo-coo for cocoa puffs. If I were you I'd want her out of my house ASAP also. Good luck getting her the hell out of your hair. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM
35 moms liked this

Tgant731
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:09 AM

I agree and so does DH.

Quoting mom2hadley: She definitely needs to get out of your house ASAP!

abbysmom12913
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:09 AM
She thinks she can take your kid lol. Get her out of your house! A. She legally would never be able to unless you and your husband lost custody which you wouldnt n B. Why would he agree to nit seeing his son for 6 months a year im seriously doubting he would do that. Get her out of your life now she sounds nuts.
Tgant731
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this

LMAO I love it!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:10 AM
6 moms liked this

OH get her out now before the Bitch kiddnapps your kid 

Tgant731
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I told her she had lost her mind. I told DH that if she took my kid, I would have her arrested for kidnapping. He knows how serious I am. I am not the one. I told him she has to go. He said it needs to be soon.

Quoting abbysmom12913: She thinks she can take your kid lol. Get her out of your house! A. She legally would never be able to unless you and your husband lost custody which you wouldnt n B. Why would he agree to nit seeing his son for 6 months a year im seriously doubting he would do that. Get her out of your life now she sounds nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN