• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate driving my sister everywhere

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My sister thinks that it's so easy to drive her everywhere..to school, from school, to work from work, to the stores etc...she is 25, she has no medical conditions...we been trying to help her learn to drive..her excuse was she doesn't have money for her prescription glasses, she can't see close up well...

well I sold our old car, gave her some money to get her glasses, and now her excuse is she has to renew her green card, she won't have money...well I told her she might be able to get a fee waiver for that, I've told her a long time ago to get her us citizenship, she would definitely qualified for a fee waiver since she works part time minimum wage only, so she would definitely be able to get a fee waiver..but nope she never even attempted to apply for citizenship.

the other day, I told her its a hassle to drive her everywhere...and then she argued with me, saying what's so hard about driving ppl around...well I'm not her slave, I get nothing from driving her around..i go to college too, I have to study, and I have my own social life...she just kept saying what's so hard about driving ppl around and studying...

i get she might have driving anxiety, but a lot of ppl have it...and we live in a medium size town, all the roads are easy to follow, its all just straight roads, not much car out, except for up north in the shopping center area...
even I still get anxiety going on the freeway, especially during rush hours..

so...nope, I'm not it anymore, she can hate me all she wants...
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Get her a bus pass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

tell her she can go back to "home country" when green card expires.  It sounds like she could have anxiety in the general sense so needs a good push to get things done.

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

tell her she can go back to "home country" when green card expires.  It sounds like she could have anxiety in the general sense so needs a good push to get things done.

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I wonder what would happen if you got harsh with her and said, "Looks like you'll learn to adapt or go back home!" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM
I'm all for tough love.

Quoting VintageWife:

I wonder what would happen if you got harsh with her and said, "Looks like you'll learn to adapt or go back home!" 

redneck.crazy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:06 AM
*smh* all around. Tell her to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Just stop doing it.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Charge her 25 dollars (cash  up front) for each trip.....one way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)