Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby showers for teen parents

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have heard many say that its wrong to give a teen mom a shower because they shouldn't be rewarded. But a shower is not a reward, it is not celebrating that the mom got pregnant, it is welcoming the first baby itself and the baby is no less deserving because of the circumstances of their mother. Giving them a rough start is not going to teach them a lesson, its just punishing the baby. Teen parents often have financial issues and need that help more than anyone. I had my first son at fifteen. My parents and some relatives threw me a baby shower and it meant the world to me. I did not have financial issues, but I needed to know that they supported me and that they were still behind me. They gave me the confidence that I could be a good parent and they turned me into the successful parent that I am today. People say that teen parents need to do things just the same as any other parent, but without things that most parents have. 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:16 AM

BUMP!

sherrielmorgan
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:17 AM

I think you should give teen mom a shower. That baby needs all the blessings and help it can get when it comes into this world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I was 16, i had a huge shower about 100 family and friends, it was amazing and i was grateful
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:20 AM

I agree with you 100%. Why punish the poor baby?

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 14 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 10 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 6 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 2 years old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 18 years old (niece) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:25 AM

I can't think of anyone who would need a babyshower more than a teen parent.

I've been invited to 2 teen mom showers. I went to one and it was a nice shower and she recieved lots of neccesities. I didn't go to the second one because it was a bit more...young. But I still sent a gift because I was close with her parents.

I'm fully supportive of showers for teens. The baby is already coming, nothing we can change this late in the game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN