Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM wants more CS!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
6 moms liked this
My DH got a new job making almost double what he was making. BM now wants to revise CS, so she can finally move out of her moms house. DH has one son with her and we have a son and a daughter on the way. We have SS almost 50% of the time and we normally buy him all the same luxuries we buy DS. We also help when something comes up and BM needs a little bit more money so SS doesn't suffer. We take a huge income cut becuase of this!!!

AND GUESS WHAT?!?! I WOULDN'T BE WITH DH IF HE DIDN'T DO EVERYTHING FOR SS THAT HE COULD OR IF HE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT! YES IT'S A FINANCIAL STRUGGLE AT TIMES BUT SO ARE OUR KIDS!! ALL OF DHs CHILDREN DESERVE THE BEST FROM HIM!

I just don't get all you women complaining about this!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet.daydream
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome that you have such a good man on your hands. There are a lot of men out there that couldn't give two poops about child support. Heck, YOU are great for supporting the idea that your dh should go above and beyond for his flesh and blood!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:41 AM
I get 68.00 a month from DS sperm donar. I can't get more because idiots on disability. I think ex needs more money. In our state you make more your CS goes up automatically. So I feel he should give her more
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:44 AM
And he will. His CS gets pulled from his check so we have to go back through dhs to do it. She is going to file the forms this week and we won't fight it.

I'm sorry you go through that. I hate seeing fathers not doing everything they can for their children.

Quoting Anonymous: I get 68.00 a month from DS sperm donar. I can't get more because idiots on disability. I think ex needs more money. In our state you make more your CS goes up automatically. So I feel he should give her more
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Thank you! I just don't understand how moms can think their own children deserve for their dad to provide for them more than his other children.

Quoting sweet.daydream: That's awesome that you have such a good man on your hands. There are a lot of men out there that couldn't give two poops about child support. Heck, YOU are great for supporting the idea that your dh should go above and beyond for his flesh and blood!
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:11 AM
A lot, if not most, states are moving towards if both parents have the kid 50/50, they don't pay child support at all. I'd look into that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you realize what I was meaning.

I'm not complaining about it.

Quoting AngryBob: A lot, if not most, states are moving towards if both parents have the kid 50/50, they don't pay child support at all. I'd look into that.
NCJen84
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Thats great. My ex and I have the same agreement. He pays me directly.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM
The thing about child support is it's based off a percentage. His income goes up, that percentage goes up. She'll probably get an adjustment and start getting more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM
The systems not perfect. I think it deifinetly benefits the parent that has custody. Where I live if my hubby and I were to divorce there is no way he would be able to pay his support and live. He already pays support for one from a previous marriage at about $400 a month. We have 2 daughters and one more on the way. There's no way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
And we don't have a problem with that. I think your missing my point.

Quoting MommyAddie: The thing about child support is it's based off a percentage. His income goes up, that percentage goes up. She'll probably get an adjustment and start getting more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)