Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower for third baby??!!**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
This will be our third baby.

The last time I had a baby was 7 years ago.

Is it tacky? I mean it's been 7 years-

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I think a baby shower is perfectly acceptable for every baby. That's just where I come from and how I grew up.

But yes, I think it would be fine to have a baby shower for your 3rd baby since it's been 7 years. I don't think that's tacky at all. Especially if you've gotten rid of all the baby stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM
I don't think so. I'm having my third baby shower. This is our first boy, so my sister is throwing me a shower.
rmfanfgljf
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:49 AM
My mil and one of my sil thres my first baby shower, my mother and brothers wife threw my baby shower for my last baby, I didn't get a shower for my second dd because my oldest dd was only 8 months old so I already had everything we needed for our second dd. One for the last or all is fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Not tacky at all, have your shower and enjoy it :) wow that's a big age gap between babies. Was this a surprise?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I think you should get a baby shower with each pregnancy......unless of course they are 10 months apart and the same sex. Then you can use most of what you received from the first baby shower for the second baby as well

d_k_w
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:56 AM
I think every baby should have a shower. i think the gap between your last two is an acceptance for that silly one shower rule since you are starting over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Only on here have I heard that it was considered tacky to celebrate babies you have after the first one.
chairhead28
by Kris on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM
I'm pregnant with my third also (DHs first-I have two from a previous marriage) and, honestly, if it weren't for the fact this is DHs first, I wouldn't have another. (My youngest will be 6 when the new baby is born.)

I don't like a lot of attention or a huge to-do just about me (I know it's technically for the baby, but still). It makes me extremely uncomfortable. My MIL is actually mad at me for speaking up and saying I just want something small at my house for the shower. I am actually combining it with DHs birthday (he'll be 33 September 1st) so some of the attention and pressure will be off of me. The whole baby shower situation makes me so angry, ugh. My MIL has to do EVERYTHING and if I don't let her, I'm a mean horrible person. Oi.

Anyway, I don't see the issue with a third baby shower.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM
I have an 8 year old and a 7 year old..

Never thought I'd have another one. I didn't plan on it.

But I met dh and now, we're having his first child, my third :)

Quoting Anonymous: Not tacky at all, have your shower and enjoy it :) wow that's a big age gap between babies. Was this a surprise?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)