Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thick or thin?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

How do you like your bacon?  Thick or thin?  Crispy or have some give to it?  Regular or do you like the flavored ones (BIL likes maple flavored bacon)?

Personally, I love a thick cut bacon that's been cooked crispy.  It's harder to overcook (cooked so crisp that it just seems powderdy) and seems to have a better flavor.  I also like to go with applewood smoked bacon.  It doesn't seem to impart much distinct flavor, but it just tastes better overall.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:43 AM
I never thought that much about bacon.

Just give me some...
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Thin and Crispy for BLT's

Thick if I am eating it with pancakes

LCJan21
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:45 AM
I'm not a big bacon person. I guess, if I had to choose: thick cut, kinda floppy, and regular.
pinktardis
by Pinky on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely thick and slightly crispy. Sometimes I like to cook it in the oven, but I think it tastes best cooked in the pan. I save my bacon fat to fry stuff in too.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:45 AM
I'm very picky. Actually my stepdad makes awesome bacon. Thick and not too crispy.
pinktardis
by Pinky on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I love bacon soaked in syrup.

Quoting Sassy762:

Thin and Crispy for BLT's

Thick if I am eating it with pancakes

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 AM
I like my bacon barely cooked. It's really weird and even I admit it's disgusting. If I wasn't afraid of worms, I'd eat it practically raw. I'm so weird when it comes to meat.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 AM

In between. I don't like it so thin it's see through, but I am not a an of it being a chew toy it's so thick either lol. I like it just regular. Gwaltney is my favorite packaged bacon. I have been eating turkey bacon for a few years now and I miss the real deal lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Oh, I'm happy just having any bacon.  However, when I'm making the choices in the grocery store, I consider more than just the price tag.

Quoting KendallsMommee: I never thought that much about bacon. Just give me some...

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:49 AM

I like mine basically that way too. I want the fatty parts nice and soft and the red parts just barely firm enough to need to chew. So long as it's cooked hot enough lol. I don't like crispy bacon one bit lol.

Quoting spooky415: I like my bacon barely cooked. It's really weird and even I admit it's disgusting. If I wasn't afraid of worms, I'd eat it practically raw. I'm so weird when it comes to meat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)