• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biological dads' girlfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

DS dad just moved in with his girlfriend, I've never met her.

As it stands in courts overnight access is being discussed. I would like to meet his girlfriend before overnight access starts but I don't want to bring this up in court.

How would you bring this up to his dad without sounding like a bitch?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
activitymode
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:59 AM
He should have brought it up to you honestly. My ex did. But I suppose everyone is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:00 AM
In my co we cant do over nights with bf/gf. Only if we are married.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting it to last as most of his girlfriends have come and gone within months. They've been together for a over a year now though, she's just never been introduced to me.

Quoting activitymode: He should have brought it up to you honestly. My ex did. But I suppose everyone is different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:02 AM

I'm not asking for that, especially since they're already living together. Plus, I moved in with my SO before we married. 

Quoting Anonymous: In my co we cant do over nights with bf/gf. Only if we are married.

activitymode
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:03 AM
That's kind of strange but my ex was the same way. He had a string of women I never met until he met this one. But they moved really fast. I think she moved in when they had been together for 5 months maybe.

The kids like her and she likes them. That's all I care about.

Is your child old enough to tell you if she's nice or not?

Quoting Anonymous:

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting it to last as most of his girlfriends have come and gone within months. They've been together for a over a year now though, she's just never been introduced to me.

Quoting activitymode: He should have brought it up to you honestly. My ex did. But I suppose everyone is different.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM
I would just ask. Just say your not against your child staying over night or being around the gf but you would really like to meet her since she is gonna be a big part of the child's life. Then say you wanna meet for coffee or lunch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:05 AM

He's 8, so yes. It's more for just my peace of mind, KWIM.

Quoting activitymode: That's kind of strange but my ex was the same way. He had a string of women I never met until he met this one. But they moved really fast. I think she moved in when they had been together for 5 months maybe. The kids like her and she likes them. That's all I care about. Is your child old enough to tell you if she's nice or not?
Quoting Anonymous:

sm1bm3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Just ask. Its all in your tone and attitude. Personally, I'd want to meet her one on one. Maybe over coffee. Keep conversation simple, not an interrogation. I have a great relationship with my kids' SM (shes not with their dad anymore, but shes still in their lives because I encourage it)
activitymode
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Of course. I'd just ask. If he gets mad that's all in his head.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's 8, so yes. It's more for just my peace of mind, KWIM.

Quoting activitymode: That's kind of strange but my ex was the same way. He had a string of women I never met until he met this one. But they moved really fast. I think she moved in when they had been together for 5 months maybe.

The kids like her and she likes them. That's all I care about.

Is your child old enough to tell you if she's nice or not?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Honestly, he is not required to introduce you. Your son has obviously met her and no concerns have been mentioned. What exactly is meeting her going to change?
My ex and I both lived with our SO... he got remarried and I didnt. My ex met one out of the 3 guys I was with over the past 17 years. I met his wife way after my kids did. It's not a big deal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)