Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

combined birthdays?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:00 AM
  • 14 Replies
My oldest sons birthday is Dec.8 (he will turn 8), youngest is Dec. 9 (he will turn 1).. any ideas on a combined party? Is it ok to have them together? My oldest likes the idea but I don't want the family to think im cheating him out of his day, or the babies first bday. Ugh! What to do, what to do.. planning early lol
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:03 AM

We combine birthdays some years. My youngest son and my 8th grandchild's birthday are only a few days apart. We didn;t this year but we did last year.

Just don't try to cheat them by saying their birthday is a early Xmas/birthday combo.......that is cheating them, lol

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM
My boys will be three on Nov 30 and two on Dec 8th, so I understand. I combined their birthdays, though. Made sure to get a shot of the younger eating cake for the first time, but since we were moving, I told people no gifts, and did a small affair. I will probably continue to combine for a few years.
I say if the older one is excited, then go for it! Who cares what others think. As long as they are both celebrated in their own ways.
When they're older, I plan to celebrate the older one at the beginning of October, and the younger at the end of January. That way they have their own special days, but aren't shrouded by the holidays. I was born six days before Christmas, so it sucked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You have grandkids?! How many?? I always thought you were maybe in your 30's. WTF.

Quoting Sassy762:

We combine birthdays some years. My youngest son and my 8th grandchild's birthday are only a few days apart. We didn;t this year but we did last year.

Just don't try to cheat them by saying their birthday is a early Xmas/birthday combo.......that is cheating them, lol

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Our two youngest daughter's birthdays are Nov 12th and 14th. When they were younger, they loved having their birthdays together. Now that they are 12 and 11, they don't want their parties together. This past birthday we had our 11 year old's birthday (the one born on the 12th) party on the weekend before, and our 12 year old's party on the weekend after. They loved it.
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids turned 9 and 2 the same month. My 9 yo would not have wanted a combo party so that is sweet of your oldest!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

WHAT planet are you from, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't you read replies???LOL  I have 9 grandkids. I had 7 children and I am 35 Backwards :)

Quoting Anonymous: You have grandkids?! How many?? I always thought you were maybe in your 30's. WTF.
Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:15 AM

I think it is fine, but I would get each child their own cake and sign happy birthday to each child.  I would also eat leftover cake for breakfast all week lol.

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:17 AM
What a friend did when her daughter & niece had a combined birthday party was she did an unthemed, general girly birthday party & each girl got a cake tailored to her interests. Don't recall the niece's cake, whatever teenaged girls were into about 12 years ago (I just had a 1 year old boy at the time). My friend's daughter had a Barbie cake. She was around 4. It worked out well & the girls loved it!
bowribbonmama
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:20 AM

We've done it since DD2 was born. DD1 was born Dec 24 2007 and DD2 was born Dec 8 2010. They've never complained.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Combining birthday parties is trashy!!

j/k

I am thinking the youngest will be happy with whatever you chose to do. I would find something your oldest enjoys and then have a special cake for the both of them?

I have no idea

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)