• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so mad I cant even sleep (long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

So about 2 months ago i started on the business venture with a couple friends.  I am the head sales person and they in the beginning kept telling me how rich we are going to be from this and how well they are going to treat us and how well they always treat their employees. So i have put tons of time is trying to sell this stuff not to mention all the other stuff i have done for them personally (we brought them over $150 in food one day for free because they had no food in their house not to mention all the gas we have run out running arrons for them and driving clear across town to their house) and making things like a pinterest for the business and an etsy account. Also designing in photoshop a informational pamphlet that took like 8 - 10 hours to do. I would say over the last month i have put in well over 150 or so hours into this job and so far have only made $50.  

I have a family and i am a stay at home mom so i told them from the beginning that i would be able to make calls and put in hours when i can. I never promised full time hours. They keep promising me all these things like every single sale for the company will go through me and that all the calls from the website will go though me. Then the never fallow through with it. Then when i get someone on the hook wanting to buy but needing a certain thing from us they wont even bother to get that thing to me.  So all of my sales wont go through cuz they wont get me what I requested.

I have been trying really hard to be patient with them but I am about at me wits end. About a week or 2 ago they made the first huge sale for the company. like $50,000 huge. Not only was i not included in the sale as promised but they wont even give me any money after all the work i have done. They pocketed $17,500 off that sale and wont give me a dime. And when i asked if i could get $100 they just said we can loan you $100.  

I mean OMFG seriously i have put in tons of work and just cuz it was not my sale (which i was told all sales would go through me) They wont give me a fucking dime. Its fucked up. I'm so mad i just dont know what to do. I really just want to say fuck it and give up cuz they are being selfish assholes. 

And now they have decided to stop talking to me cuz my son was really sick last week so i did not work for 2 day. I mean what the fuck. They are stressing me out to no end. I found out i was pregnant about a month ago so the added stress of that has just about pushed me to my limit. Oh and my husband is just getting pissed at me cuz im pissed about all this stuff. I fucking have the right to. I'm being screwed over by these guys and he just thinks its ok. I think not. I dont know what to do anymore. I know all this stress is not good for the baby but how could i possibly miss out on millions of dollars just cuz it got hard in the beginning. What would you do if you were in my situation??

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats pretty much how i feel right now. So mad.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this

YOU said it yourself.. your being screwed over.. Why would you stay?

elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, I'm thinking whatever you sell on etsy probably isn't worth millions of dollars... and you can't spell for shit.

BabyPink07
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:02 AM
Stop working for them. It's apparent they are using you. Even if they make millions, do you think they are going to get your cut? They won't even pay you for your hours. You should calculate your hours, ask for a wage, and take your money and ditch them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I'm the only freaking one that seams to think im getting screwed over. My hubby has gotten pissed at me like 3 times now cuz im so upset about it. I keep doing it cuz the product is amazing and has the potential to help millions of people. I'm not in it so much for the money but i still deserve to get payed for my time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM
I'm sure you know the answer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Hhhm?? Well drop them.... never go into business with friends and family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:07 AM

They as in the "friends" i am working for and we as in my family. I dont have to say names to make it a real scenerio. What more information is needed to make it real. 

Quoting happyhousewyfe: I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense to me. Who are "they" and "we"? And if can't even afford food why would you think they could pay you anything and why didn't you run? Sorry but this all sounds incredibly fabricated. There is no information and no real scenerio here. :/ ??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:07 AM

Then I would sit down with your friends and come up with a contract of sorts as far as who gets paid what/ is responsible for what.. and put it in writing so there are no issues later on..

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the only freaking one that seams to think im getting screwed over. My hubby has gotten pissed at me like 3 times now cuz im so upset about it. I keep doing it cuz the product is amazing and has the potential to help millions of people. I'm not in it so much for the money but i still deserve to get payed for my time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)