Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mom of a teenager

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:01 AM
  • 4 Replies
I have a beautiful rebellious girl. i don't know what to do she dosent want to live with me anymore she's 15 she wants me to let her move in with her girlfriends family to colerado she's been sneaking out to go over there ( they haven't moved yet) i called the cops on her yesterday cause i didn't know where she was well she was there and she's been doing pot but the officer didn't charge her not too long after the cop left he came back with a woman. well someone called dfs. after they left i go i wonder who called? I've never had them called on me it turns out my daughter did because she dosent want to live with me and to get back at me for calling the cops I've never had to deal with dfs before. what do i do? My daughter is my life. I'm terrified and she lied to them about how i treat her. any advice? I also need prayers please. ty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

DFS? Where do you live then? Has anything major happened in her life? Drugs? Abuse? I would tell her that she is taking time away from children who NEED DFS's help, and that if she IS taken away - she won't be going to her little friend's house - she would be going to a home for girls where she will find herself in a completely different world.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:06 AM

They will investigate. Just be honest with them and tell them what she is doing. Unless you beat her black and blue or starve and neglect her then they can't do anything. Ask them to help you, they can give you advise. They will know the laws better in your city/state

angel403461
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:58 AM
Ty so much for the advice i live in excelsior springs, Mo
yes I've told her that she might. she's using drugs but not at my house. Shes never been abused or neglected I've always been there for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Point to the drug usage and being brought home by the cop. That should be enough to get you off the hook. Might also make them look into the other family since someone is supplying drugs to a minor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)