Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is This A Cult? Or Not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
Have you ever looked down your street only to see two very nicely dressed people headed toward your home? They come wanting to preach the word of Jehovah ? Do you lock your doors and hide?
I'm just wondering.... If this was legit, why do you have to solicit people? Showing up on people's doorstep ( sometimes young people) is that safe for them? Do they think it's ok to trespass? What's your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:28 AM
2 moms liked this

i don't hide from the mormons. i don't hide from the jehova witnesses. no, i don't think they are cults, well not anymore than i think of every religion as a cult. as far as i know, their holy book tells them they must spread the word of their lord to non believers. i always just figure it is coming from a good place in their hearts, ya know, wanting to help people find salvation. it doesn't hurt me to answer the door, be polite and wish them a good day. 

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Not a big deal. They think they are doing you a favor. I tell them no thanks and to have hood rest of their day. I mean it when I say it. Im a godless heathen but two minutes isn't a big deal. They are like any religious missionaries, nothing new.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:31 AM
I've never been rude but I am amazed that someone hasn't become violent with them. If I was the parent of these young folks walking around , I'd be worried for their safety.

Quoting RayneofTerror:

i don't hide from the mormons. i don't hide from the jehova witnesses. no, i don't think they are cults, well not anymore than i think of every religion as a cult. as far as i know, their holy book tells them they must spread the word of their lord to non believers. i always just figure it is coming from a good place in their hearts, ya know, wanting to help people find salvation. it doesn't hurt me to answer the door, be polite and wish them a good day. 

anon1986East
by Kali on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:34 AM

I don't think of them as a cult. It's very rare that they come around here and they've never come to my door...most likely due to the large, intimidating, dog I have. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Lmao! I'm sure😃

Quoting anon1986East:

I don't think of them as a cult. It's very rare that they come around here and they've never come to my door...most likely due to the large, intimidating, dog I have. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Lmao! I'm sure😃

Quoting anon1986East:

agtech219
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM
I don't think they are cults, but I do find it extremely annoying when they come back to my house over and over after repeatedly asking them not to come back. The no trespassing sign is there for a reason. I respect their right to practice their beliefs, but they need to respect my rights too.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM
Smells like a cult to me personally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Well put! Respect goes both ways!

Quoting agtech219: I don't think they are cults, but I do find it extremely annoying when they come back to my house over and over after repeatedly asking them not to come back. The no trespassing sign is there for a reason. I respect their right to practice their beliefs, but they need to respect my rights too.
anon1986East
by Kali on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:39 AM

It's actually kind of funny because my dog is a baby and an attention whore. He sometimes barks if strangers come into the yard when he's outside but he stops barking once you pet him and tell him he's a handsome boy. Most people are just wary because of his size.  

Quoting Anonymous: Lmao! I'm sure😃
Quoting anon1986East:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN