Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting New Friendships at 42!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:30 AM
  • 0 Replies
I am curious as to other's thoughts and suggestions. Over the past few years throughout many health complications I have lost dear friends that I truly invested my whole being in because I am not the same person due to limitations because I am disabled from a spine disease and anxiety that came from being undiagnosed for so long. I have since found coping skills and have had numerous surgeries but have been left with a broken and lonely heart because the people I thought were my friends see me as healthy on the outside and chose to judge me based on their own opinions. I have come to terms with knowing I am better off without these people...family included and have an amazing husband and three boys and a Mother in Law who is my best friend... but I am so sad without girlfriends and lonely. How do I find new friends? I know that sounds silly but I've never been in a situation like this.. I have always been outgoing and got along with everyone. While I was healing mentally I didn't have the strength to worry about this as I was working on me.. being a wife and a mom and then when I was able to be a friend again emotionally and physically I found myself alone. How the heck do you find new friends without seeming like a stalker wierdo lol? Also beimg a stay at home mom for the last 12 years and living in the sticks has made it hard as well. Please help this friendship challenged goof. :)
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)