Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anxiety over going out??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I have no problem leaving my house for work, going to work and completing my shift.

Any other time, grocery store, mall, visiting friends etc I get really anxious to get back home. I am fine when leaving the house but within 30 minutes, I feel my stress and anxiety starting to pick up. Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. I turn into a total bitch until I get home. When I walk in the door, I feel like a weight is off my chest. I literally feel the stress and tension leave my body. It has Nothing to do with the amount of people I am around, I react the same if it is a few or many. It has steadily gotten worse over the last 6 months. What is going on?? How do I fix it
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Ha! Funny, I do the same thing! I think it's simple, we are just happier at home & we know we have to work so we deal. The rest just makes us uncomfortable 😃
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:30 AM
I wonder why it used to not be a problem though. I used to be able to just leave, have a good time and come home. I have not had any big changes or scary events lately. Idk whats going on

Quoting Anonymous: Ha! Funny, I do the same thing! I think it's simple, we are just happier at home & we know we have to work so we deal. The rest just makes us uncomfortable 😃
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:35 AM
I could do it before as well without a problem. Now, I have anxiety with it, not sure why? Have you thought about what may or may not have changed in your life?

Quoting Anonymous: I wonder why it used to not be a problem though. I used to be able to just leave, have a good time and come home. I have not had any big changes or scary events lately. Idk whats going on

Quoting Anonymous: Ha! Funny, I do the same thing! I think it's simple, we are just happier at home & we know we have to work so we deal. The rest just makes us uncomfortable 😃
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Talking to a therapist would help. If you have not personally suffered a traumatic event maybe it was someone you know and it is affecting you.
readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM

you are isolating yourself and prefer being home. As a parent though, you should try to work on this since they may develop your anxieties.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Ive suffered more traumatic events than I can count but i have been to therapy to "deal" with that. Nothing new in the past few years, and this wasn't even an issue back when I was talking to a counselor

Quoting Anonymous: Talking to a therapist would help. If you have not personally suffered a traumatic event maybe it was someone you know and it is affecting you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:41 AM
Exactly. I don't want to turn into the mom who is afraid to let her kids go out to play, or go places or have fun. The woman afraid to check her mailbox etc. Idk whats going on with me. Im a perfectly healthy 26 year old.

Quoting readyforhim:

you are isolating yourself and prefer being home. As a parent though, you should try to work on this since they may develop your anxieties.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have mall anxiety, it could be -30 out and going in a mall still makes me sweat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)