Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you lower your standards of living, if...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:55 AM
  • 155 Replies
It meant being together as a family?

Or would you be ok, with your partner being gone for days, weeks, months at a time? In order to keep up with your current lifestyle.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM
I've had to be OK with SO being gone for days, weeks at a time. After this year, I would rather eat kraft dinner and bag groceries than be apart for so long.
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Mobile Photo

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:58 AM
I'd rather lower living standards! Dh was due to be gone for 8 weeks, it fell through and I'm so glad! I couldn't handle tht amount of time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Absolutely. Togetherness far out weighs money.
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I live by that motto! To bad you couldn't find a sexier guy! Lol

Quoting JustCJ:

Mobile Photo

Perstephane92
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Without question. I'd rather have family time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:01 AM
My dh is in Chicago. The rest of us live about an hour outside St. Louis. It's not convienient but it works for us. He comes home once a month for 4 days. The only reason we haven' t moved up there is because of my youngest. His dad won't allow us to leave the state. Only 8 years of living this way.
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM
I was just chatting with MIL, she was going on about how we will never go with out now that SOs schooling is done and I should be grateful for that. I AM, but being apart doesn't make affording rib eye steaks 3 nights a week worth it.

Quoting MagicMonkey: I'd rather lower living standards! Dh was due to be gone for 8 weeks, it fell through and I'm so glad! I couldn't handle tht amount of time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM
I would lower my standard of living without a doubt. We haven't had so much as a night apart in years. Once she had a conference in another state (about 6 years ago) and about 10 years ago she was in the hospital for about two nights. I would hate being apart so long, as would she.
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM
I feel the same! No matter how much I say to him that it isn't money that matters to me he doesn't get it! He still thinks he has to provide over and beyond :(

Quoting Jblb: I was just chatting with MIL, she was going on about how we will never go with out now that SOs schooling is done and I should be grateful for that. I AM, but being apart doesn't make affording rib eye steaks 3 nights a week worth it.

Quoting MagicMonkey: I'd rather lower living standards! Dh was due to be gone for 8 weeks, it fell through and I'm so glad! I couldn't handle tht amount of time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)