Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does food or family come first?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: At family gatherings, do you eat first and then hang out and talk? Or do you hang out and talk for a few hours before the meal?

Options:

Eat first - I'm hungry!

Talk first - I want to see family!

I hate my family - I eat at home

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

Just curious because mine and my husband's families are opposite. My family eats first (maybe because we are Sicilian?), and it took me a while to remember to eat before going to his family's events. Obviously no one way is better, and we do visit while we eat. I just wondered which is more common.

Proud mama of a CHD Warrior Princess

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
R00k
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:09 AM
I would love to do it your way, but we go and socialize while the food is cooking.
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Usually at family gatherings its an all day thing, everyone is at whoever's house it is all day. So we pretty much hangout and EAT all day. 

A nice big lunch with food that can stay out and everyone just goes at it all day long and then a huge dinner, usually with appetizers before hand.  

Its always been an all day affair. 

Df's familiy is the exact same way, its an all day event, from mid morning to early afternoon and lasts till well past midnight (mostly) lol 

jjames0991
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:11 AM
We host all events here. Food is always laid out buffet style before the guest arrive. They can eat whenever they want.
Perstephane92
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM
His family doesn't even light the grill until a few hours after everyone gets there...

Quoting R00k: I would love to do it your way, but we go and socialize while the food is cooking.

Proud mama of a CHD Warrior Princess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)