• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I AM ALLERGIC

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:18 AM
  • 9 Replies
To my Cat , I am on a strict claritin regimen because I love her, and didn't know I was allergic .

Anyone build up a tolerance over time ?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I'm allergic to cats and dogs.

Have tried many times over the years to have either as a pet. Never works out. Lol. Allergy meds didn't help at all.

mlg1989
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM
No idea if you can.
Bump.
BostonGirl0301
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:21 AM
I was allergic as a child (confirmed by allergy tests). I still always had a cat growing up and have a cat now. I think I grew out of it because my current cat does not bother me.
articmom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I have an allergist appointment but for now claritin and zyrtec knock it out .

Quoting BostonGirl0301: I was allergic as a child (confirmed by allergy tests). I still always had a cat growing up and have a cat now. I think I grew out of it because my current cat does not bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I am highly allergic to cats and I have a cat, lol. I've had terrible allergies since I was young. I think I've built up somewhat of a tolerance. My cat still makes me sneeze and break out in hives, but it's not as bad as when we first got her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Lol I read this somehow as

I am allergic to my child

Quoting BostonGirl0301: I was allergic as a child (confirmed by allergy tests). I still always had a cat growing up and have a cat now. I think I grew out of it because my current cat does not bother me.
articmom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Yay ! I get that awful I have to sneeze feeling if I forget my meds.

Quoting Anonymous: I am highly allergic to cats and I have a cat, lol. I've had terrible allergies since I was young. I think I've built up somewhat of a tolerance. My cat still makes me sneeze and break out in hives, but it's not as bad as when we first got her.
cshari2013
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Yes growing up we always had a cat and I'd wake up with the worst allergic reaction to her fur, didn't stop me from loving the cats...now I dont have reactions as much. Minimize the excess fur, keep them as clean as you can, drink lots of water, everyone is different but it all boils down to cleanliness, staying hydrated, veggie time lol. But seriously I grew out of it. But it was years of suffering.
mommyxdos
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM
My daughter is allergic to dogs and cats. We were told that she would have to get weekly shots to be able to tolerate living with our dog. She had zero interest in having the shots, so we had to find a new home for our dog.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)