Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

might be tmi, but please help!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

So I take birth control and have finally gotten my period in a predictable cycle (it's always the first week of every month). However, this month has been quite different; I did get my period the first week and it lasted for 4-5 days like usual AND THEN i got it AGAIN 2 week ago. So technically I went like 2-3 in between these 2 sets of periods. 

I guess what I'm wondering is...wtf is going on???!!! Just to ease my mind, I took a pregnancy test this morning to make sure I wasn't pregnant and it came back negative. I know it isn't normal to have a period for 2 weeks and it's not like periods are a new experience for me so it's not like my body needs to get used to having them... 

This is causing me to be super stressed out because it's all I've been thinking about everyday lately...it's also ruining our sex life (it's currently non-existent for obvious reasons)...it's making me feel bad about myself....i'm incredibly worried that something serious could be wrong....I don't have my doctor appt until Friday and i'm going crazy having to wait that long!!! 

Ladies: have any of you experienced this or something similar? Any ideas on what this sh*t could be??? I googled it just to see what came up and I found articles about it maybe being a miscarriage?? Or it could just be a period and my cycle is off a bit?? please help!!!!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Stress or illness can mess you up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Probably just a bit off. Especially of you were irregular before. Just because you don't have sex during your period doesn't mean your sex life is "non existent" lol!! Relax, call your gyn if it's bothering you that much but it's probably normal.
amybrg86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Quoting Spam72: Stress or illness can mess you up.

yeah i figured as much. stress can do some bad stuff to your body...but why??? 

and i have been super, super stressed about issues other than this for quite some time now. 

amybrg86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Probably just a bit off. Especially of you were irregular before. Just because you don't have sex during your period doesn't mean your sex life is "non existent" lol!! Relax, call your gyn if it's bothering you that much but it's probably normal.

try WAY off, lol. yeah i've always been irregular until i got on the birth control--i was surprised when my period got so regular after that since it always a mess before (i.e. i would go 2-3 months without a period and then it would pop up out of nowhere).

but seriously...with the exception of a couple days so far this month, i've had a 3 week long period!!!! how could that possibly be normal?  i'm going insane over here! it's like it just won't stop!  maybe something is torn in that area???? maybe i should stop using the tampons in case something is torn?? 

lol, well it's pretty much non-existent anyways; this is just making it not an option at all. and yeah, that's my appt on Friday; I called to try to get in earlier, but now they're booked until august and i can't wait that long!!

halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:53 AM
This happens to me but i have fibroids. I will have 3 week periods at times and then go a week without then another 2-3 weeks.

It sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amybrg86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Quoting halleys_mommy_1: This happens to me but i have fibroids. I will have 3 week periods at times and then go a week without then another 2-3 weeks. It sucks.

ugh that does sound like it totally sucks! maybe i have that? would i be able to tell/test for it or is that something the doctor would do?  

halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM
For me it was evident by lots of clots heavy flow and painful sex. The dr saw them on an ultrasound.

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting halleys_mommy_1: This happens to me but i have fibroids. I will have 3 week periods at times and then go a week without then another 2-3 weeks.

It sucks.

ugh that does sound like it totally sucks! maybe i have that? would i be able to tell/test for it or is that something the doctor would do?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)