Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I harming my baby?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM
  • 68 Replies
I've been googling and I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for so I've come here to ask some real moms!

I'm pregnant with my second child and currently have a 2 year old. With my first it was easy to stay away from caffeine, but with this one I usually wind up having around one cup a day. Sometimes it's a large cup lol and some days none at all.

Have any of you consistently drank around one cup of coffee a day while pregnant? If so did your infant seem to sleep more? Or less? Are they wild or calm. Do you think any of this was an affect from the caffeine?

I only ask this because I don't consume dangerous amounts so I'm not too concerned with miscarriage at this point. Also, my sister has two boys and she did the same thing (drank coffee with the second) and her second child is a wild man! Her first one slept practically all the time and through the night lol.

My first never slept but she had colic so I'm not sure what to think.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM
3 moms liked this
If they sleep poorly or have colic it won't be because you drank a cup of coffee a day it'll be because newborns have their own agenda lol. Don't stress

Also second children are often seen as "wild" because you're used to your older child that already has a rhythm
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM
With my last baby it was my first time working while pregnant and I drank caffeine all the time! He's fine. Though after he was born I totally quit caffeine, I didn't crave it anymore and I'm Breastfeeding. I haven't had any in 4 months and I don't miss it, but man I felt like it was necessary when I was pregnant!
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I think it's ok. I avoided all of it myself but I've heard it's fine.
TrouserMouser
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I consumed quite a bit of caffeine with my last pregnancy and I didn't notice any difference.
vlbomar
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I drank mt dew with both of my kids. Never had any problems with the pregnancy or afterwards. Every person/pregnancy is different
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Under 200mg a day is what's considered safe.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I drank a ton of caffeine with my first, no issues.
Fulltimemommy12
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I am beyond tired! I stay at home too I couldn't imagine going to work good for you...even though I'm up around 5am...I don't have to shower and get out of my jams if I don't need to hahah.

I worked with my first but I worked 3p-3a shift. I never was one of those people who could get up and go in the am. I always looked a wreck at morning classes in school hahaha

Quoting Mommy_Natural: With my last baby it was my first time working while pregnant and I drank caffeine all the time! He's fine. Though after he was born I totally quit caffeine, I didn't crave it anymore and I'm Breastfeeding. I haven't had any in 4 months and I don't miss it, but man I felt like it was necessary when I was pregnant!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I had caffeine with my first and now this one. I didn't cut back on caffeine at all.
Lo428
by get over yourself on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:43 AM

One cup of coffee is fine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)