• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

low income assistance for abortions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
So, I am pro choice. I am also one of those that believe government asstitance should be limited and short term blah blah blah. Anyway, I saw on another post that there is assitance for low income to get abortions. For a second my right side raised up amd I was appalled! Tax payers money going for abortions...wtf? But then I thought about it and I thought well who needs help with abortions more than low income, do we really need more babies in the system?
Either way of thinking is pretty shitty and now I am confused. I'm not sure which way is more helpful for people, and it has kind of shaken up my views a bit. I am not sure how I feel about this situation. That is my confession. Also, I know until I'm in that situation I have no right to judge and I'm not, guess I am curiuos as to what others think.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Sorry about the typos I'm on my phone.
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I'm ok with assistance being used for abortions.

jjames0991
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this
It should be conditioned. The state pays for the abortions and a 5 year IUD to be inserted right after.
vlbomar
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Its cheaper in the long run. Mandatory birth control while on assistance would be GREAT. Or atleast only give assistance to current children, nothing extra for kids born while on assistance.
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM
I'm fine with it. Not fine with forced BC as others have stated. Being poor shouldn't mean the government can stuff meds down your throat.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no issue with assistance being spent on abortions.

Fulltimemommy12
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this
For religious reasons I am pro-life. However, within my community of families it is pretty much mandatory to wait until marriage for sex (you won't be punished legally or anything but your family most certainly would disown you). The people I know wait until they are financially stable and married. So in that case abortion shouldn't be and isn't really an issue.

Never the less, I'm not blind I know the world isn't like that and it makes me sad to see so many women having children in poverty without fathers. I think women should take more responsibility in their decision to have sex with just any guy that they've just met, just because a guy says he loves you and you've dated a few months doesn't necessarily mean he will be a good father.

I think if a woman finds herself pregnant she should exhaust ALL other options before considering abortion. Adoption is a great option but not every baby is a great candidate for adoption. I'll try not to sound racist here but the facts are out there that white children are much more likely to be adopted than ethnic babies. If there is a slim chance that your child will be placed with a good family chances are they will wind up parent less and born into the foster care system, some kids do well in foster care but most do not. So that being said, I can understand why some women would want to abort a child. I still do not support it and I wouldn't want my tax dollars going towards that. I would most defiantly donate money to groups that help women learn to respect their bodies and teach them that it's ok (and in their best interest) to wait until they are married to have sex despite what society tells us.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM

1.) It depends on the state.

2.) A lot of places that offer assistance are private charity orgs like The Lilith Fund.

j3st3r
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:09 AM

This.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

I have no issue with assistance being spent on abortions.

constantg
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Even my pro-life Catholic law professor believed in expanding abortion acess to low income women, because women with higher socioeconomic status could obtain one so easily. Acess should be there equally for all. 

There are much bigger tax dollar spending concerns to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)