• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confessions of a housekeeper from. Hotel

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this
When you go into your room and your bed is made remember only sheets have been changed. The only thing that would make a comforter be washed would be if there was a stain on it and that doesn't necessarily mean all three sets of the comforter. The top portion of comforter if there is a mark on it, just spray it down and move on. If the room looks like it wasn't slept in, when a person checks out, sheets don't even get changed. I think it's pretty nasty and no longer there. Just thought you would all like to know before renting a room
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
This is not breaking news, but thank you.

I'm known for bringing my own sheets, pillows and Lysol
vlbomar
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Glass cleaner for the coffee pots, inside n out too at my old job. I quit after 2 days. Pure nasty, and it was a decent chain hotel. Oh and hookers get frequent customer discount. No thanks.
Lilys_Mommy11
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM
It's not the sheets you have to worry about, it's the blankets

Quoting TaralynnStewart: This is not breaking news, but thank you.

I'm known for bringing my own sheets, pillows and Lysol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
I strip all blankets and covers when I check in, and ask for extra sheets. I also clean every surface with clorox wipes, and spray the furniture, and floors with hospital grade disinfecting spray. I have a hotel kit :)
Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM

The last time my dad visted there was a huge sh*t stain on his sheets. Like someone had used it instead of toilet paper. O.o

needless to say the comp'd the room and moved him.

Lilys_Mommy11
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Some of the girls I worked with were horrible, if they didn't have enough time they just remade bed, so my earlier comment of not having to worry about sheets can definatly be taken back now that I remember this fact!

Quoting Shadowed_Star:

The last time my dad visted there was a huge sh*t stain on his sheets. Like someone had used it instead of toilet paper. O.o

needless to say the comp'd the room and moved him.

Tea_Love
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Ah sick! I KNEW IT! Thanks for imparting this wisdom. I always take off the comforter immediately anyway but it always creeps me out to touch it. You say it is a chain, do you think that they have the same policy at high end hotels? Just wondering. 

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I do this too.

Quoting Anonymous: I strip all blankets and covers when I check in, and ask for extra sheets. I also clean every surface with clorox wipes, and spray the furniture, and floors with hospital grade disinfecting spray. I have a hotel kit :)
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Isnt this common knowledge
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:40 AM
I already knew that. We don't use the comforters, we throw them back where they lie at the foot of the bed and sometimes end on the floor. I also always check the sheets for hair and anything else.

I still think of that poor little boy that was on the news some years back who found a used condom and thought it was a baloon. He later tested positive for STD's. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)