Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who've had their tubes tied..especially if you had endometriosis before.

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 60 Replies
I know there was another post about it but I didn't want to overrun that post with my questions. Which are:

What type of tubal did you get? As in were they just cut and tied or cut tied and burned(if there's another way add that too lol)?

Do you have any negative side effects?

And did you have endometriosis before?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I have endometriosis and I had my tubes cut, tied, and cauterized. It's only been 18 months, and I was breastfeeding for the first 6. Once my period came back, though, it was hard core. I went back on nuvaring to suppress the hormonal changes and it has helped a little, but it is already losing effect.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
No endometriosis but I had mine cut & burned over 20 years ago & have never had one problem. I was concerned with having foreign objects (clamps, bands, etc) in my body & wanted to be sure it was permanent so that's the route that I went even though at the time it was a more invasive surgery.
Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I NEED my tubes tied but honestly my periods are so bad. I don't want to have them done and still be on birth control. I mean I guess it's double protection. I HATE life when I'm on my period

Quoting B1Bomber:

I have endometriosis and I had my tubes cut, tied, and cauterized. It's only been 18 months, and I was breastfeeding for the first 6. Once my period came back, though, it was hard core. I went back on nuvaring to suppress the hormonal changes and it has helped a little, but it is already losing effect.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM

A tubal will do nothing positive for endometriosis. Birth control helps because it reduces the opportunity for scar tissue to grow.

Quoting Young_Mommy89: I NEED my tubes tied but honestly my periods are so bad. I don't want to have them done and still be on birth control. I mean I guess it's double protection. I HATE life when I'm on my period
Quoting B1Bomber:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i wanna know if you have that surgery where u take away the uterus and the egg leades adn the ovaries. i think its called hysterectomi or something excuse my spelling anyway if you have tyhat done will that take away the endometrioses permanantly?

Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:42 AM
I just need one so I don't have anymore babies. I do not want anymore kids

Quoting B1Bomber:

A tubal will do nothing positive for endometriosis. Birth control helps because it reduces the opportunity for scar tissue to grow.

Quoting Young_Mommy89: I NEED my tubes tied but honestly my periods are so bad. I don't want to have them done and still be on birth control. I mean I guess it's double protection. I HATE life when I'm on my period

Quoting B1Bomber:

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Essure, no negative side effects
Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
A hysterectomy and yes I hear it does great things. I want one, but want them to leave my ovaries. But they won't do it yet :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

i wanna know if you have that surgery where u take away the uterus and the egg leades adn the ovaries. i think its called hysterectomi or something excuse my spelling anyway if you have tyhat done will that take away the endometrioses permanantly?

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Well, a tubal is good for that :)

Quoting Young_Mommy89: I just need one so I don't have anymore babies. I do not want anymore kids
Quoting B1Bomber:

Quoting B1Bomber:

Caidysmom
by MindyM on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I had endometriosis , I had a hysterectomy ...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)