Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cat Calls Acceptable - yes or no?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Do Cat Calls Offend You Personally?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

Just saw a blip on the news about women confronting men on the streets for Cat Calls.

What is your take on this?

Does it offend you?

Or does it boost your ego a bit?

Here's my take...when I got cat calls at age 12-14 while walking 2 miles to school I hated it, it made me feel vulnerable and insecure. Even when they yelled that i was a "brick house". I was devastated. I hadn't heard the song and thought it meant I was fat. I cried all the way to school. (I had D bra size at age 12 and was a size 3, so yeah...built like a brick house and didn't know it!)

Now I'm 50 and I'd love to have a few cat calls! bwah ha ha!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I don't get offended. Honestly, I am so in my own zone when I go out, I don't ever pay attention to others or my surroundings unless I'm with my kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
What are cat calls??
firespurity
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
They can be annoying.. I usually just pretend not to notice.
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I personally hate them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
highlandmum
by Spunky on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

They really do not bother me.  I just ignore them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

It varies. When I was younger, they annoyed me. When I got "older" and had kids, they helped with my self esteem. I don't get any now, cause I'm putting on weight because of stress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM

yes. But that is because when I was 16 my family and I went to a popular Dinner and Show place. I wanted a shirt and my mom did not believe it would fit me, so she had me try it on over my shirt -_- well when I tried to take it off my regular shirt came off to. Well this drunk asshole Cat Called me. It made me cry.

MorganTho
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Its like when they yell after you usually something sexual or suggestive.

Quoting Anonymous: What are cat calls??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM
They make me uncomfortable because I am a pretty shy person, and I don't like being caught off guard by strangers in general. It don't find it offensive though unless I've told the person to leave me alone and they keep going with it. I used to get hollered at a lot when I worked at an office downtown, but now my company is in an office park and i otherwise hang out in areas where men tend to be more respectful. They will look and smile and strike up a conversation rather than yell at you from the street or a car window.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I don't like it, I won't go yelling at people for doing it....but it doesn't boost my ego, it actually scares the hell out of me. Like I'm going to be kidnapped and killed....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)