Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I messed up pretty bad...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I just gotta get this out somewhere.  I know I'll probably ragged on but I can't talk @ this with anyone else and this is Confessions, right??

My period is now 5 days late.  I keep thinking it will show any day.  My cycle is normally only about 24 days so I am hoping it is just an off cycle but I am scared shit less.  I tested on Monday and it was negative but still no period??  My DH is going to freak.  We have a 9 month old and a preschooler and they were most likely going to be our only kids.  We are older (34 & 35) so feel it would be best to focus on them and honestly, we can't afford another.  Daycare is already killing us.  What the fuck was I thinking?  It's my fault this happened.  I'm such an idiot for not getting on bc after our dd.  I was EBF and had no period until April then I was supposed to start on the mini - pill but never followed up.  We just got so busy and were stressing @ some legal stuff w/ DH that I just overlooked it.  I didn't think it would be that big of an issue since we only have sex like once every 2-3 weeks lately and always pull out. ( I know this is not "real" birth control it just seemed suffient at the time and yes, I should have known better.) 

A small part of me is like Yay a baby, cause honestly it is hard to think we'll never try for a boy but realistically I'm thinking oh fuck this sucks what have I done!!!! :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Court112
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Awwww well its deffs not your fault your husband was apart of this too so i wouldnt blame it on yourself. ANd like you said you would like to try for a boy so if your are pregnant maybe it was ment to be. It could possibly just be stress with everything thats going on lately. Maybe make a doctors appointment to help releive some stress, and maybe get that birth control you never followed up with. IM sure everything will workout try not to stress so much maybe talk to your husband about it im sure he would be more upset if you are pregnant and you never told him right away. He might surprise and not be upset. Best wishes! 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Uh-oh! Wishing everything turns out for the better... I've had a few of those "oh fuck" moments myself. It might be the stress itself that is delaying your period, though... it can do that! Just try to be calm, give it a couple days, and then test again if you still haven't seen your period. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)