Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you calm your little ones

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My son was getting fussy so I turned on music specifically Mariah Carey supernatural it features her twins. Well my son got super quiet and within 5 mins he was asleep, idk what it is about this song but my son seems to love it (so do I and so does my daughter).

He doesn't like anybody else I've tried playing different artists for him and he gets mad lol.

So how do you calm your lil ones?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Court112
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:58 AM

My daughter likes to be rocked and watch barney or tv at that matter shes only 3 months I think she just likes watching the movement from it. And no i dont just set my daughter down in front of the tv the only time shes watches it is when she fussy 

imakehimscream
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM
When she was a baby I turned on the vacuum cleaner. People must of thought I was a neat freak
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I think the vacuum would scare ds lol

Quoting imakehimscream: When she was a baby I turned on the vacuum cleaner. People must of thought I was a neat freak
imakehimscream
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM
It really calmed her down and make her fall asleep. You could try it and see

Quoting Anonymous: I think the vacuum would scare ds lol

Quoting imakehimscream: When she was a baby I turned on the vacuum cleaner. People must of thought I was a neat freak
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM
My neighbors would have a fit lol I live in an apartment complex and there's a noise ordinance

Quoting imakehimscream: It really calmed her down and make her fall asleep. You could try it and see

Quoting Anonymous: I think the vacuum would scare ds lol

Lilith23
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM
My oldest, you just rub his ears while making a "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound over and over again and bam! Done deal, calmness and snuggles.
My youngest...... Lol his dad can calm him, i have no idea how but he just needs his daddy when he's Hulking and tantrumy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Lol

Quoting Lilith23: My oldest, you just rub his ears while making a "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound over and over again and bam! Done deal, calmness and snuggles.
My youngest...... Lol his dad can calm him, i have no idea how but he just needs his daddy when he's Hulking and tantrumy.
Bieg9093
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:30 PM

For my girl, it was the Winnie The Pooh song.  Sometimes I think she was crying BECAUSE she wanted me to sing that song.  Oh...and for my boy, when we'd leave him with a babysitter, we'd put on a video we had that started with a commercial for a Charlie Brown cartoon.  The piano music was so compelling, he would be totally absorbed in it for the 30 second spot.  And because he didn't see us leave, he never cried.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM

i stick a boob in his mouth. works every time!

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM
I put them in a bouncy seat right next to the washing machine. The rhythm of it kind of hypnotized them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)