• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alternatives for mattresses?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I have tried SOOOO many kinds of matresses. Spring, individual spring with pillow top, foam toped, air chamber, foam, latex, water and so on and so forth. THEY HURT! I can NOT get comefortable and toss and turn all night long and wake up so stiff I can't walk. I AM ONLY 30 YEARS OLD. I decided it's time to look for an alternitive.

I want something NATURAL not treated chemicals, something not to expensive, something that does not take up a ton of room. I am SICK of hurting and I also want to lessen my footprint. (more natural products)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

anyone got an Idea?

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I sleep on the floor, I can not get comfortable in a bed, every one I have tried is just too soft.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I have back problems and could never find a bed that was good enough. We bought a memory foam mattress and it's been fantastic! We got a firm one and it's been heaven to sleep on and has done wonders for my back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

tried it. :( does not work. I think half of my moodiness is comming from lack of GOOD sleep. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I have back problems and could never find a bed that was good enough. We bought a memory foam mattress and it's been fantastic! We got a firm one and it's been heaven to sleep on and has done wonders for my back.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM

:(

I totally agree with you about the lack of good sleep affecting your mood. I notice that whenever I am lacking sleep.

You tried a full memory foam mattress? How about an air bed?

Quoting Anonymous:

tried it. :( does not work. I think half of my moodiness is comming from lack of GOOD sleep. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I got the hardest mattress I could find so it wouldn't wear out too quickly.  My daughter got a Vera Wang Serta (tempupedic type) mattress and it's been great.  I used to get a four inch dense foam mattress but a real mattress is far better.  There are those adjustable mattresses-why wouldn't that be a good choice?  A foam bed on the floor will never be as comfy as a mattress. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Tried them. No go :(

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I totally agree with you about the lack of good sleep affecting your mood. I notice that whenever I am lacking sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM
The air chamber mattresses are the adjustable ones. They still hurt awful.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

I got the hardest mattress I could find so it wouldn't wear out too quickly.  My daughter got a Vera Wang Serta (tempupedic type) mattress and it's been great.  I used to get a four inch dense foam mattress but a real mattress is far better.  There are those adjustable mattresses-why wouldn't that be a good choice?  A foam bed on the floor will never be as comfy as a mattress. 

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM

oooohhhh...I'm sorry to hear that nothing has been comfortable! I totally sympathize. I used to sleep on the floor for years because it was the only thing that I found comfortable. :(

Quoting Anonymous: Tried them. No go :(
Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM

String up a hammock in your bedroom?

I've got a gel memory foam mattress and it's the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on.  We had to get a new one because the one that came with our bedroom set (which was a gift from DH's grandma so we didn't get to pick it out) was like sleeping on a rock.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)