Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planned parenthood has abortion quotas?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM
  • 65 Replies

Obviously, the whistle blower is extremely biased, but if it is true, since planned parenthood is a business, do you think it's ok for them to impose quotas on their workers?

With video

http://www.newsmax.com/us/planned-parenthood-abortions-quotas-budget-goals/2014/07/22/id/584263/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/22/planned-parenthood-has-abortion-quotas-says-former-clinic-director/?

In a new expose’ video released today, a former Planned Parenthood abortion clinic director says Planned Parenthood put a price on the value of a human life: $313.29.

That’s the amount of money Abby Johnson says the Planned Parenthood abortion clinic she ran in south Texas would make every time it would kill a baby in an abortion. Johnson, who is now pro-life, released a video this morning exposing the abortion quotas that take place at Planned Parenthood.

In the video, Johnson says her supervisor informed her that her clinic needed to double the number of abortions it was doing and that it should be killing 1,135 babies per year to make the financial goals set up for her clinic by Planned Parenthood’s head honchos.

“This was bothersome to me as I truly believed that our goal was to reduce the number of abortions…after all, that’s what we always said to the media,” Johnson said. “When I voiced my concerns to my supervisor, she laughed and said, ‘But Abby, abortion is how we make our money.’”

“This was bothersome to me as I truly believed that our goal was to reduce the number of abortions…after all, that’s what we always said to the media,” Johnson said. “When I voiced my concerns to my supervisor, she laughed and said, ‘But Abby, abortion is how we make our money.’”

“Just a few weeks later, I witnessed the ultrasound guided abortion procedure that caused me to flee from Planned Parenthood,” she said. “About a year ago, I was sorting through some old files and came across that same budget from 2010. Since then, I have been waiting for the perfect time to release this project.”

“Ever since I left Planned Parenthood, I have been talking about the abortion quotas that are established inside abortion facilities,” Johnson said.

“Since releasing the photo a couple weeks ago, we have heard from many abortion supporters who have expressed their disgust of Planned Parenthood and their unsavory practices,” Johnson said. “Women and their children are worth far more than $313.29. Their lives are priceless.”

The new videos comes on the heels of a document obtained from Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, which gave its abortion clinic in Aurora, Colorado an award for doing more abortions in the past fiscal year than the one prior.

Planned parenthoods statement concerning the "award"

Political groups with an extreme agenda took to social media this week to claim they’ve found proof that Planned Parenthood has “quotas” for how many abortions the organization should provide. The entire basis of their claim was a photo of a certificate that Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave to a health center for increasing its abortion services – which these groups blasted as “sickening” and “appalling.”

First, and plainly, Planned Parenthood does not have “quotas” for any of our services.

We aim to expand access to all of our services, and we commend our dedicated, passionate staff when they succeed in reaching more people who need care.

And, yes, we absolutely do celebrate our progress in ensuring that more people have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion. And we always will.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by SakePrincess on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Newsmax? Umm....no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

The PP's in my area won't do abortions, they send women away to a clinic run by someone else. 

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Total nonsense.  There are no abortion quotas-that's just conservative crazyness.  It makes no sense.  Not true.  Most of the services at PP are simply concraceptive control not abortions.  Please don't repeat such pure invention.

Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I asked IF IT IS TRUE... Do you think it's ok?

Quoting romalove: Newsmax? Umm....no.

Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I'm not asking whether it's true or not, I said if it is true... Would you have a problem with quotas?

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Total nonsense.  There are no abortion quotas-that's just conservative crazyness.  It makes no sense.  Not true.  Most of the services at PP are simply concraceptive control not abortions.  Please don't repeat such pure invention.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Every business has as budget with projected incomes and projected expenses.  I hate the idea of a quota, but it is a business.  :(

MindPalace
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's true and I don't think it's right to do so. 

If you take a look at Planned Parenthood's healthcare options breakdown, abortions account for less than 5%. I would consider it much more likely (and profitable) for them to have quotas on mammograms or pap smears. 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Bullshit. I worked for them briefly. Not true.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

If you go purely by numbers, PP provides more BC services. If you go by the dollar signs, though, like most businesses, abortion makes up a huge percentage of their service.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)