Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

too many choices to live...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
My husband gets out of the army in a little over a year and we're trying to figure out where to go after he gets out. I don't want to go back where we are from because when all is said and done with school, I'll be a nurse-midwife and want the option to do homebirths. That isn't an option there, plus I just don't want to go back there.

I'd prefer to find somewhere near a city with a lot to do, but is a very family-friendly area with a lot to do. BUT not right in the city, a suburb or smaller town within like 30-45 min or the city. I prefer the beach or mountains...both nearby would be awesome, but just not finding anywhere we both like or would both be able to find work. I'd like somewhere with a strong midwife community plus birthing centers and birthing centers and home births is where I want to ultimately end up with my focus in.

Rambling a bit I guess....throw out ideas though if you live somewhere you really love or know of any area with multiple birthing centers nearby. San Antonio and Dallas keep catching my attention, just hesitant to make a choice we'll regret

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)