Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of adoption post, I can't seem to find the answer

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

I was reading about the lady with the girl who was changing her mind on giving the baby up for adoption.

The girl refuses to name the father of the baby, so wouldn't that negate any adoption proceedings anyway?

If you were to put unknown on a birth certificate wouldn't that open the door for the father to come in the picture at any time?

I googled all kinds of things, but can only find info about adoption against a father's wishes.

Thanks so much, I am just curious.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
newwifenmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
It varies by state.
ForeverLawst
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm adopting a child from Foster Care that has no father listed on the BC. They had to post in the newspaper for several weeks and see if anyone came forward, then they terminated rights based on fictious father or some such thing. No one can come forward and claim him now. He's 16 though. =)

2kids2dogs2cats
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

What a wonderful thing you are doing!  I wish more people would consider the foster to adopt programs, hopefully the other OP can get everything worked out to the best benefit of all.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

I'm adopting a child from Foster Care that has no father listed on the BC. They had to post in the newspaper for several weeks and see if anyone came forward, then they terminated rights based on fictious father or some such thing. No one can come forward and claim him now. He's 16 though. =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
My friends ex tried to place his baby without him knowing. Had he not found out she was pregnant it would have been legal. But luckily someone who knew her and him told him "hey Man your ex is pregnant" which he was then able to contact a lawyer and long story short he now is raising his son.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)