Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sirius XM satellite radio users! Question for you...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you had good customer service from this company?

Options:

Yes, it's great, I love their service!

No, it's awful, customer service people are not helpful at all

It was so bad I cancelled.

No satellite radio for me

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

Sirius and XM radio joined forces, but when you call, you still get one billing dept. or the other, there is no combined billing dept.

My dh's radio broke, so he bought a replacement radio for the account. They gave him a hard time because he bought a Sirius radio not an XM or vice versa, and we have an acct. with one but not the other. We have 4 subscriptions, and it's always a hassle to speak to someone. They are all about selling you upgrades, not fixing your issues.

We are still waiting on channels that we were told two years ago would be available once the merger happened... so far, nothing.

We are in Canada, US channels were supposed to be available, but the one we want is  not going to be at all.

DH is considering cancelling all our subscriptions because they gave him a hard time about moving the credit/balance on the acct to the new radio, there is a fee for this & that, and we have to pay for another year up front on top of it.

What's your experience been with this company? Please say if you are Canadian or American as they are still separate companies (even after the merger? I just don't understand it at all!)

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM
I had it for a while. All my equipment said Sirius/xm and so did all my paperwork so I guess it was after the merger??? I'm in the u.s. I didn't really deal much with customer service. We didn't have any problems. I just didn't think it was worth the money. They play the same songs over and over and I only liked a couple of channels. They were nice when I called to cancel. Your situation sounds like a huge mess!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I have never had to call them. We only have 1 account and that is for my car.

anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I've never had any problems with them. I was with Sirius before the merge, and I've never had to change anything, so I really don't know what it would be like to have to deal with cust. service. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM
We love them and haven't had issues with the customer service. We are American though, so I'm not any help.
SusanD
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Never had an issue, and in the US.
rebel_mommy09
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Honestly they suck! I am considering not renewing my membership when it is up on my truck because they are a huge hassle and absolutely no help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wymama610
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM

We have it again now because we just bought a new truck. Won't be renewing once the free year is up. Their service is pathetic.

Lisha77
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM
This...

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I have never had to call them. We only have 1 account and that is for my car.

toopicky429
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I've never had a problem, but I didn't have satellite radio until after the merge.
AllieKat
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to work for them and renew and and handle accounts. I could do xm but not Sirius sales. You get a hard time bc the whole company is awful. Customer service sucks. Billing (did that too) sucks. I would cancel asap and don't get suckered in by the deals they offer and make sure to ask for that cancellation in writing. They will over charge you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)