Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you start ignoring them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I have 2 dogs, one of them is a Jack Russell. She isnt very friendly towards anyone not inside the home. Because of this my neighbors son is terrified of him to the point where if she starts barking at him, even if she is tied up and cant get close to him, he screams and jumps on top of his dads car.

When I let them outside, I tie them up to a lead that is connected to my front porch. The lead is less than 10ft long, it doesnt even come close to the neighbors yard (we have a large yard) and we leave them outside for no longer than 10 minutes.

My neighbors girlfriend came over and said that her SS is afraid of the dog. Okay, I moved the dog to the backyard when I took her out. Most of the time the son plays in the front yard. They come knocking on my door, again, asking me not to let the dog out while their son is playing because he is afraid of the dog. He is in and out all dang day.

Now they want me to sit outside with her to ensure that she doesnt bite the son.

I have tried to be nice and moved the dog to our back yard. She is tied up and cant get to anyone unless they come in our yard. We dont leave her outside all day. I cant sit outside with her because I have a newborn and a 3 year old and I am damn sure not bringing them out in the heat.

Would you just start ignoring them?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM
How old is the kid?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM

the second she asked you to stay outside with the dog

We have a dog, and DS's BFF is afraid of dogs because of a bite he got when he was younger. I try to respect and accomidate his fear, but I also won't leave our dog outside or kenneled while the friend is at our house.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

If your dog is in your yard and safely confined without the chance of getting out. I'd ignore them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM
He is about 7/8 years old.

Quoting Anonymous: How old is the kid?
KristaP13
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I don't really see what grounds this woman has telling you to keep your dog inside while her son is out. The dog is in your yard, and can't reach to where her son is playing. Get a beware of dog sign and a yard stick and post it on the property line. 

I always try to be considerate of my neighbors, my dogs are barkers and the neighbors have a pool. If they're out swimming I'll wait to let my dogs out, but they can only wait for so long. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Yeah, I felt like it was silly to ask me to sit outside with her for 10 minutes. They know I have 2 kids, one of them a newborn. They also know my husband isn't home from 10pm to 4pm (he works 10pm to 7am at one job and 8am to 4pm at a second job) every day so I would have to carry both children out with me 12 times a day for 10 minutes.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

the second she asked you to stay outside with the dog

We have a dog, and DS's BFF is afraid of dogs because of a bite he got when he was younger. I try to respect and accomidate his fear, but I also won't leave our dog outside or kenneled while the friend is at our house.

LadyEmris
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM
I don't see the problem with your dog being out back while he's out front playing. As long as he stays in his own front yard your dog is unable to do anything but maybe bark.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Is there a fence between the yards in the back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I'd ignore her. Her kid can get over it or stay inside while the dogs are out.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM

So if the dog was to get loose it would bite the kid (or anyone else)?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)