Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stubborn ex situation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I broke up with, let's call him John 3 years ago, I wasn't ready for a relationship and that's exactly what I told him, was single for a while, etc. I met my current SO and we've been together for a year now. John would text me throughout the years, telling me he's still in love with me etc, he liked to drink. I just ignored him, however he hasn't stopped and now is sending me songs via email too. The other night he texted me at 3 am drunk, my SO was pissed and told me I need to put an end to this bs, so I wrote him a text telling him I'm with someone now and he needs to move on, blocked him from my phone/email, my SO told me to promise him I would tell him if John contacted me again, well he did last night, from a different email address, I don't know if I should tell my SO, he might contact him, say some crazy shit and John isn't going to back down to anything my SO might tell him, don't want some crazy drama happening from this crap. Should I tell my SO or block this dude again?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

your so sounds controlling and your ex sounds like a stalker, i'd ditch them both

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Yikes!! The controlling guy or the stalker?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

He's not controlling, he just doesn't like some ex texing me constantly, he has put up with it enough, John has texted me various times while I've been with SO.

Quoting mojogirl:

your so sounds controlling and your ex sounds like a stalker, i'd ditch them both

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Well, how would you react if some stalking ex was constantly trying to contact your SO? Wouldn't it bother you too, does that make you controlling?

Quoting Danesmommy1: Yikes!! The controlling guy or the stalker?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok, there is that. Keep your SO in the loop about the situation and continue blocking EX every way you can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, how would you react if some stalking ex was constantly trying to contact your SO? Wouldn't it bother you too, does that make you controlling?

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I would tell SO. You may not want the drama, but it seems your ex isnt going to back off that easy. Some times (well at least I think so) a man needs to step up and tell the other guy to back off. Or what you can do if you dont want to say anything is block him again, but worn him if he contacts you again you will go to the police and report him for harrsement.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Yea, I was thinking of writing him yet another more aggressive email and then blocking him again.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Ok, there is that. Keep your SO in the loop about the situation and continue blocking EX every way you can.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

You think this is enough to report?

Quoting dallascowboys82:

I would tell SO. You may not want the drama, but it seems your ex isnt going to back off that easy. Some times (well at least I think so) a man needs to step up and tell the other guy to back off. Or what you can do if you dont want to say anything is block him again, but worn him if he contacts you again you will go to the police and report him for harrsement.

trish2tew
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I'd contact the cops about the stalker ex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't engage with him. Just block and ignore. If you email him he will see he's getting to you and keep on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, I was thinking of writing him yet another more aggressive email and then blocking him again.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Ok, there is that. Keep your SO in the loop about the situation and continue blocking EX every way you can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)