Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with 3+ kids... is this even possible?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies

Me and DH want to eventually have more kiddos, we had DD at a younger age, so probably this year we will start TTC.

DH wants 2 more kids, to make a total of 3. I feel like with 1 kid right now there is so much to do and no time working full time, cleaning, cooking, activities ect.. So I told him that if he wanted 2 more that I would only work part time. He didn't seem okay with that.

If you have more then 3 kids, do you work outside of the home fulltime?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I have 5 kids. I'm a sahm. My dh works full time for state government.
NCJen84
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I have 5 living children, ages 10, 8, 6, 2.5, and 6 months. I work a full time job and a part time job. Keep the house clean, do all the cooking, the kids are in football, basketball, and cheerleading. You find a balance.

I personally know of a few people who are SAHM who's house looks like a disaster and they "never have time to clean" because they are so busy. I feel it is all about priorities and doing what you have to do to get the things you want in life.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Bumping for you. I have 3, but am a SAHM.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I have four and I am a sahm.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
4 moms liked this
I have 3. I'm a sahm and wouldn't have it any other way. My dh helps so much around the house though even with me at home. Yesterday, the kids and I had a busy and fun day so I had 3 huge hampers of dirty laundry sitting at the top of the stairs and our kitchen was a disaster. Dh got home and sent me shopping with my Mum. I got home around 7 to find all the laundry washed and dried and in the bedrooms, the kitchen spotless, he made dinner, fed the kids and gave them all a bath. He doesn't mind helping because he knows the kiddos were all having a wonderful day while thr chores got put om the back burner.
Idk what I'd do without him!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have 4 kids.  I am a SAHM.  I have worked part time, previously, but both DH and the kids prefer that I dont.

mommyflaw
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I worked two part time jobs with my second. I'm planning on working again and I'm pregnant with my third. I think it's possible. Just prioritize.

3girls221111
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I have 3 daughters.

A singleton and then twins.

I am a stay at home mom. However, that was never the plan. When the twins came along, the plans changed.

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

i did for awhile with 3 kids, you just have to find a cheap daycare or sitter, or work different hours. It worked for us for a long time. When we moved to a different state i started my own inhome daycare and that worked for a few years, then i injured my back and am now disabled.

seximami111
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I have 7 and until recently I was a sahm. My dh decided he wants to try the stay at home thing for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)