Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Answer if your kids have step parents....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My neighbor is a super nice lady.  Married with a couple of kids.  Her DH has 2 boys from a previous marriage, she has a dd from a previous marriage, and they have boy/girl twins together.  All of the kids live with them most of the time. 

Her oldest step son is turning 15.  He asked for a family dinner to include all his parents...mom, dad, and stepmom.  His mom is refusing to go if Stepmom is there.  Now...they have been married 8 years...not like it is new.  The boys live with them because they both chose to live there at 12.  Better schools, better neighborhood, and other various reasons.

Anyway....she told her son that the stepmom isn't his parent.  She told the stepmom to back off.

Both my friend and the boy are very upset.  He didn't ask for a large party or anything else...just a family dinner out with his family.  Everyone else agreed to it..including aunts and uncles from both sides.

So my question is this...  Would you sacrifice your comfort to make your son happy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM

bump

Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Absolutely not. If, BM chooses this attitude, it is soley on her.

If the child was three, or a new relationship, maybe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Yes i will suck it up for my step daughter and make her really happy.

Its not about the stepmom and bio mom not liking each other. Its what the kids needs and wants are. If he is asking to have family dinner with both mom's. The bio mom needs to suck it up for her sons wish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Yes i will suck it up for my step daughter and make her really happy. Its not about the stepmom and bio mom not liking each other. Its what the kinds needs and wants are. If he is asking to have family dinner with both moms the bio mom needs to suck it up for her sons wish.

This is what I think.  I just don't get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I'd suck it up for my kids, but there's no way my exh new wife would allow it. My exh and I might make eye contact and that would chap her ass bc that would mean we want to get back together or we're already secretly meeting for sex. My husband would do it no problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I'd suck it up for my kids, but there's no way my exh new wife would allow it. My exh and I might make eye contact and that would chap her ass bc that would mean we want to get back together or we're already secretly meeting for sex. My husband would do it no problem.

Wow.  Crazy.  I am a stepmom.  My DH travels 2 hours each way every other weekend to get his kids.  Guess I should start freaking out on him that he is sleeping with his ex if it takes longer than 4 hours.

mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I was a step kids, I was smart enough not to even try to get everyone in the same room. Good luck to them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I would but it would be awkward between my dh and my ex lol.. also my ex and his wife are living apart right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM
My husband has a daughrer. So im considered as her step mom. For my daughter my husband is her step dad. But he is technically her dad. Both of us will do anything to get along with the other parent for our kids sake.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Yes i will suck it up for my step daughter and make her really happy. Its not about the stepmom and bio mom not liking each other. Its what the kinds needs and wants are. If he is asking to have family dinner with both moms the bio mom needs to suck it up for her sons wish.

This is what I think.  I just don't get it.

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I don't care if SM comes to dd's party/dinner, but she will not tell her she has to eat all her food before cake again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)