Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like my family wants me to be ugly.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Not my family as in my dh and our child but my other family relatives like my parents, grandparents, aunts, etc.. And it seems like its only the women in my family making comments like this to me. So ive always been kind of chubby not huge but some chubbiness in my face, stomach and legs. I wouldnt say i was huge but i did have some extra weight. So after having my 17 month old i lost alot of weight due to health problems. I constantly got comments by the women in my family saying how sickly i looked and if i was anorexic even though they knew i had health issues. Which really hurt my feelings. Well a yearr later i got better and didnt have any health problems anymore. Since i lost alot of weight i changed what i ate to try and maintain the weight i had lost. I feel amazing now and am happy with my body. Im at a healthy weight like my dr says. Im 5"1 and 100. My family keeps making comments every single time they see me and its getting very annoying. They tell me "oh youre way too thin", "oh you need to gain more", then i went to a wedding last week and they tell me "yeah we cant say youre fat" then my aunt says "yeah she needs to gain some weight shes way too skinny".
Its pissing me off. Then awhile back i had cut my hair super super short and i hated it. It looked so hideous. Now its grown out alot and is past my shoulder i think it looks so much better and goes better with my face shape and all but they tell me to cut it short again like before even though they knew i hated it and was hideous. I feel like everytime i feel good about myself whether its my hair or body they always have to say negative comments.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM
So ignore them. If you feel go about yourself, then feel good about yourself. The end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Have very little interaction with them and when they make comments ignore it or tell them you and your doctor are fine with your weight where it is bc it's a healthy weight for your frame and then move on. No need to deal with jealous, insecure and snide people.
prdmama1154
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM

This is going to sound so cliche but screw what they think about you.  If you're healthy and happy then that's what matters.  You're the only one you have to answer to at the end of the day.  Don't waste emotions on toxic people.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM

women can be such mean hateful bitches sometimes, i'm sorry. i'd try to ignore it but i know that's easier said than done

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)