• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mosquito bite! Allergic?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

This is a single mosquito bite. It got even bigger than this. Allergic reaction? I know it's just a bug bite, but I've never seen one do this.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

My son does that with mosquito bites too. I put a wet washclothe on it sometimes. Usually the next day it goes down and it gone a day or two later.

KristaP13
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Ouch! Either allergic or it's a spider bite. I've never seen a mosquito bite do that. Poor kid! 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Not truly an allergy, it's kown as hypersensiivity.  I get it too. The "normal" things won't work. Go to the doctor, and get some hydrocortisone cream (prescription strength).  It's the only thing that has helped mine, and I've tried different things for decades.

mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM
It was definitely a mosquito. I swatted it off of him. This was right after.

Quoting KristaP13:

Ouch! Either allergic or it's a spider bite. I've never seen a mosquito bite do that. Poor kid! 

JTROX
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest used to swell up bad w/ mosquito bites.   He still reacts more than most people.  Some people are more sensitive to bites than others.

mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks guys. I'm glad to know it's relatively normal.
BaltimoreBaby
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Normal - I swell up like crazy, too. It sucks. My daughter swells like that too, which is hard because she doesn't know yet to not itch herself bloody. It's awful when she has big huge scabbed scratch marks everywhere. Her poor skin. Try hydrocortisone cream.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh itchy! Ds and I both swell in the spot after we get bit then it turns into a bruise looking spot. We do the benadryl cream. Goes on cool and really calms the itch.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Some of the mosquitos (tiger mosquitos) leave nasty bites.  Give him a claritin or benadryl to help with the swelling.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)