Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

We moved my DD up in softball for a little bit more of a challenge because she had played 2 years of t-ball and a lot of parents do that. We got a coach that was AWFUL and borderline child abuse on his daughter. I don't mind a coach being tough, and I encourage discipline. Long story short he scared the hell out of my 6 year old and we moved her to a different team where the coach was really good to her. It's time to sign up for fall softball again and my daughter doesn't want to play because she doesn't want a mean coach. I'm not going to force her to do anything she doesn't want to do, but I think if she'll give it a try she'd LOVE the new coach. (I know who the fall ball coaches are and they're excellent.) Would you go ahead and sign her up or leave it be?

*I'll add this note... when I say mean coach I mean in your face within 2-3 inches yelling* He didn't do this to all the players just his daughter, but everyone was scared of him. He never said anything to my DD and did a great job trying to teach her. She was just so scared of him that she just started crying in practice. Once we got her on the other team she did alright. Nervous, but she cheered and had fun.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM
I wouldnt have someone coach my kids that they are afraid of. If ever a coach got into my childs face, id be right back in theirs. I dont take that lightly.
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I would sign her up and see what happens, maybe when she sees the coach or meets the coach she will change her mind :)

suzanneyea
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM

In sports you will have good coaches and bad ones. Same for school and teachers. Kids just need to learn how to deal with people they don't like in life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)