Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sketchers Twinkle Toes. How is the quality?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

DD picked out some shoes online for the school year. Most of them are sketchers twinkle toes. I've never bought sketchers. 

These are a few she picked out. She would still be getting a good pair of tennis shoes. I'm considering getting her a couple pairs of these, but if the quality of the shoe is poor I may knock it down to 1 pair. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I got some for dd a bit ago and the sucked. The backs would slide down and they were heavy. It was just a mess.
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM

It depends on how hard she is on shoes.  My oldest dd has gotten Sketchers before(not twinkle toes) and within 4-5 months they are worn out. I will say we have yet to find shoes she doesn't destroy.  My youngest can have a pair of shoes last until she grows out of them and they still look new.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM
My DD had the zebra pair and I'd never buy them again. They didn't last very long (the soles came apart.) The next pair were Converse and she still has them a year later.
allycally
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd show her some converse pretty much the same style and great quality
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM

That's what I'm worried about. She completely wore out a pair of nice Reebok tennis shoes within 5 months last year. Thanks! 

Quoting km1970:

It depends on how hard she is on shoes.  My oldest dd has gotten Sketchers before(not twinkle toes) and within 4-5 months they are worn out. I will say we have yet to find shoes she doesn't destroy.  My youngest can have a pair of shoes last until she grows out of them and they still look new.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Thank you! I'm going to have her look at some converse. 

Quoting Anonymous: My DD had the zebra pair and I'd never buy them again. They didn't last very long (the soles came apart.) The next pair were Converse and she still has them a year later.

sparkle_monkey
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM

never had a problem with the quality but they are heavy.  have her try a pair before committing to multiple pairs.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM
I stick to nike with the kids. Sometimes ASICs for running. I like good support in their shoes.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM

My daughter outgrew hers before they fell apart. She had the one with the disc in the sole so she could spin like a ballerina.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM

ASICs are my favoritest shoe brand evereverever.

I had them for Poms in school and lovedlovedloved them

Quoting Spam72: I stick to nike with the kids. Sometimes ASICs for running. I like good support in their shoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)