Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your teeth say about you? Update/confession!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies

Mobile Photo

I realize my original post delayed when I updated.. I was asking for people to post or talk about their teeth.. The point was to show that there are many of us insecure about them.. I posted my teeth at first without saying they were fake.. Just saying this as not to confuse.. Keep up the admissions ladies.. As you can see it's been helpful to some!
Update/edit...

Wow, I didn't realize how many people are insecure about their teeth and smile..

My confession... My "teeth" are in fact dentures and not real at all. I have a medical condition that caused my teeth to be pushed out of my jaw line thus decay would happen no matter how good of care I took of them. I also when through chemo a few years ago which started the process f my body rejecting them..

Anyway, I had all my teeth removed.. It was not fun and at times very painful. Painful physically during the procedure (yes I was awake) as one tooth had such bad decay that no amount of numbing helped and I felt every touch the dentist made. They had to carve out some out of my jaw too.

Then the emotional pain of going 12 weeks without any teeth at all to
Recover and the molding process before I got my dentures.

Now.. Yes they look pretty, but eating isn't the same at all, something I can't eat as the dentures move around. I will eventually (have to wait 2 years) get a different type of denture implant that doesn't cover my gums and I don't have to take out every day.

Ladies who have mentioned getting them removed or wanting it.. Find a dental clinic that is state funded. My whole process cost me 0 out of
Pocket .. You just need to find the correct place.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't even stand anymore judgments today. I'm getting reamed in another post right now, It's exausting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry :( I actually meant this to be upped around in the end to show that others people judgments are just that... That have nothing to do with our self worth!

Quoting CadillacCutie:

I can't even stand anymore judgments today. I'm getting reamed in another post right now, I'ts exausting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine look like I'm a drug addict(I'm not). I dont think I want to subject myself to the women on here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Nothing interesting.
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I have bad teeth, so... that's a big no. I wish they were nice like yours!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I have dentures. I couldn't take anymore of the pain or judging. 

Lilith23
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM
*waiting for winkyloaf to post her beautiful teeth*
well sugarteeth, either you have a lovely brush/floss/rinse routine to get them all pretty and white....or you have a exceed dentist to give them that "white and shiny" look lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM
If you have dentures they should look pretty!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have dentures. I couldn't take anymore of the pain or judging. 

Teeter-Tottered
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Yours are beautiful!

Mine are awful. I'll refrain from posting so y'all can keep your lunches down ;p
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Very pretty . You take care of your oral hygiene.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Nothing interesting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)