Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is hulu + worth it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: I have Hulu + and it is

Options:

not worth it

worth it

undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

My dh used to work for a tv provider and as a perk he had every channel included for free. He lost his job recently so now we have to look elsewhere for service. I already have amazon prime. I bought it for the shipping and free book rentals but now we watch it too. I also have Netflix but am wondering if I should get hulu + as well. If you have it is it worth it? Do you like it etc.. Also I'd love to hear any other recommendations for streaming options. Thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ICPclwnLOV
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I had Hulu Plus last summer and hated it. The commercials pop up in the middle of whatever you are watching. I could understand if the service was free but not when I'm freaking paying a monthly fee to watch and still be annoyed when my show or movie is suddenly interrupted. And it's not just one commercial, either. It's a few very long commercials each time.

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I love it. Yes it has commercials, but it is much less than what cable has. I can watch all of my favorite shows the day after they air.
We also have Netflix, which I love even more.
Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I love it! Ues there are commercials but is one or two. They come on at normal commercial breaks. Lots of shows. I have had it for 2 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM

oh i didn't know they were available the next day. That's awesome. Some of my tv's are tube ones that don't have the converter box so I was worried about how to watch current shows. I have had the other service for almost 8 years which had free dvr on all tv's i don't even know when anything comes on. So I'm sure it won't bother me to wait a day.  lol

Quoting dragonborn: I love it. Yes it has commercials, but it is much less than what cable has. I can watch all of my favorite shows the day after they air. We also have Netflix, which I love even more.

mommy2adandykid
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM

i love hulu plus but if you have Amazon Prime i think they're basically the same thing so it's probably not worth it.  i only watch 3 or 4 shows during the normal season so waiting a day or two for them to be online is far cheaper than paying for 100 channels that im not going to watch ever

amybrg86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM

i def wouldn't get hulu plus; they've got, like, nothing on there. it's a bunch of garbage shows/movies in my opinion. we did the free trial and we skimmed through it and saw nothing interesting and weren't able to get any of our other shows we can't get through netflix or regular channels (i.e. we don't get the channel(s) that will & grace is on and they don't have it streaming on netflix so we were hoping it would be on hulu plus, but it wasn't). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I don't think amazon prime does current season of shows but i could be wrong. 

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

i love hulu plus but if you have Amazon Prime i think they're basically the same thing so it's probably not worth it.  i only watch 3 or 4 shows during the normal season so waiting a day or two for them to be online is far cheaper than paying for 100 channels that im not going to watch ever

mommy2adandykid
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM

you can get a roku or something similar that allows you to watch netflix, hulu and other stuff.  also, if you have any of the game systems, they can connect to hulu and netflix through your system

Quoting Anonymous:

oh i didn't know they were available the next day. That's awesome. Some of my tv's are tube ones that don't have the converter box so I was worried about how to watch current shows. I have had the other service for almost 8 years which had free dvr on all tv's i don't even know when anything comes on. So I'm sure it won't bother me to wait a day.  lol

Quoting dragonborn: I love it. Yes it has commercials, but it is much less than what cable has. I can watch all of my favorite shows the day after they air. We also have Netflix, which I love even more.

jjames0991
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I have it, and love their original shows.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
And that's different from cable and satellite how?

Quoting ICPclwnLOV:

I had Hulu Plus last summer and hated it. The commercials pop up in the middle of whatever you are watching. I could understand if the service was free but not when I'm freaking paying a monthly fee to watch and still be annoyed when my show or movie is suddenly interrupted. And it's not just one commercial, either. It's a few very long commercials each time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)