Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seems off...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I have some kids clothes listed on CL. I got an email last night about it asking to meet thursday before 12. I said that should be fine and asked where they were located (I have them listed in a different towns CL because we don't have one but have 3 towns wed be willing to meet since dh drives through them to get to and from work) well he told me where. But its 80 miles away! He even said in his email it was. I asked if he would be in our area and he responded saying if that's where we wanted to meet he would drive up here tomorrow.
Just seems kind of strange he'd be driving 80 miles one way to come meet someone to buy clothing off CL?? Anyone else find that odd? :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM

maybe he has another reason to be in the area

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM
From what his email said he was going to drive up here tomorrow to get them and drive back home to be there in time for work which is why he can't meet past noon tomorrow..

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

maybe he has another reason to be in the area

MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I guess it depends on how small the town is where he lives. Maybe what you have is worth his drive? I don't know but I prefer to meet people in public areas when I sell/trade things on CL. I don't like them knowing where I live just to pick up one item when I don't know them. I also use my maiden name as a first name in the emails that are exchanged before meeting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM
There's about 5-6 other Craigslist areas between where he's coming from and where I am. Its just a bunch of size 2 boys stuff. Fairly cheap but he'd be spending way more in gas than he'd be saving.
I don't let anyone come to the house either I always meet them (well usually dh does) out somewhere. My names not on any of my emails. Although he's told me his first name like 5 times? Lol kinda weird :/

Quoting MinglingMom:

I guess it depends on how small the town is where he lives. Maybe what you have is worth his drive? I don't know but I prefer to meet people in public areas when I sell/trade things on CL. I don't like them knowing where I live just to pick up one item when I don't know them. I also use my maiden name as a first name in the emails that are exchanged before meeting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I don't ever do Craig's list. What if he follows you? Sounds creepy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Dh usually does it, I do sometimes but not often. Its really the only way to sell anything here without doing a yard sale.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't ever do Craig's list. What if he follows you? Sounds creepy.
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I have had people drive from a distance to meet for my items. Must be exactly what they need and a great price. But 80 miles... jeez.
ShellLea
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM

My daughter travels a good bit to get cheap things from craigslist but her uncle takes her and sucks up the cost in gas. Maybe someone is helping him in that way?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM

I'd offer to mail it to him if he wants to paypal you the money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)