Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg omg omg i won!! UPDATE!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this
Not really had to change the title to get ya in. But it feels like I have!

Ok so I'm planning on taking it soon. Been trying to figure out the best way to study for it. They have completely changed it up from last year. They do not hand out the study guides anymore.

Is there anyone on here that have taken it in the past or just recently taken it? How did you study or did you even study at all?

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: earlier I went to the library to get a card for my son so I can use the online portion of the book they used to have.(lost my card) Well in the process of doing that I asked if there was anyway she could see if could get one shipped to that location if there were any left.

Well let's just say she told me to buy a lottery ticket because she was able to score me a 2014 ged book. With the practice tests and what not in it!!! I am absolutely ecstatic! And to top it off I am able to go to the Atlanta zoo for free. I was Given 2 adult and 2 kid tickets.

My luck is turning around!!!!! :-) thanks for reading
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
How old are you if you don't mind?
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
I'm terrible at testing also ugh
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Google practice GED tests. I'm sure you'll find something.
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 21. I got pregnant at 16 and had a miscarriage and of course everyone in the school was saying otherwise. And i couldn't take it so I quit high school right before my first semester was up.... :(

Quoting Anonymous: How old are you if you don't mind?
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Thank you! They also have the books on the library website now

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: Google practice GED tests. I'm sure you'll find something.
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Bump
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Does anyone else have any advice
Mom100WV
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Go to any bookstore and they sell huge study guides that cover all high school curriculum and also include practice tests.  Just work your way through it and don't skip any sections you think you're comfortable with until you look over it and are certain you're comfortable with it.  And good luck!  I think it's awesome you're getting your GED and I hope you move on to college next!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)