Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Husband and I are switching to Twin beds...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
And I couldn't be more excited.
We have been married for almost thirteen years and are very happy together. We have three amazing kids and even work together. However, he worked nights for years and during that time I was up at night nursing babies (we had one every two years) and we basically never slept in the same bed at the same time.
When he left nights we tried to sleep in the same bed again and it just isn't working. I end up on a mattress on the floor most nights. We have tried numerous times to get used to sleeping together again and it just isn't working.
So, we sat down and decided to try a solution. We are going to get rid of our bed and get two twin beds.
Sure, it is probably weird to some people, but I'm over the moon excited.
I'm tired of sleeping on the floor, and want to be near him...even if it isn't in the same bed.

Do you and your partner sleep in the same bed?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Lucy!!! He's home!!!!

Ok, that just popped into my head. DH and I sleep on a queen, we haven't had a problem, even when DS slept with us for a few years.
PeppermintyTea
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM
We do, but my parents do not. They've been married over 30 years so I guess it works for them. My dad snores loudly, and my mom likes to watch TV late which my dad doesn't like.
Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
How very retro of you! Have fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I coslept with our babies as well..and they tendEd to keep him awake. He worked so much, I didn't want him to miss his sleep. Now that he has switched back to days he is a really light sleeper.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Lucy!!! He's home!!!!

Ok, that just popped into my head. DH and I sleep on a queen, we haven't had a problem, even when DS slept with us for a few years.
Lilith23
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
That's so.... Wow well hey! Yaaay! Happy life, happy sleeping time for you lol
i cannot sleep without having dh's feet on my back and my arm weirdly bent back touching him lol we have a queen bed and it never was a problem even when co sleeping.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Whatever works. I'm glad y'all we're able to work it out to your satisfaction.

Quoting Anonymous: I coslept with our babies as well..and they tendEd to keep him awake. He worked so much, I didn't want him to miss his sleep. Now that he has switched back to days he is a really light sleeper.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Lucy!!! He's home!!!!

LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM

We had trouble in a queen but once we switched to a king we were okay. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM
We have a king, and sleep great together.
ame19
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

You're just kicking it back old school. One of my friend's parents don't sleep in the same room because he likes it freezing and she likes it hot. Do what works for you all.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM
DF, and I do (and usually DS)

But DFs parents don't, they even have different rooms. His dad snores very loudly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)