Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazon Prime vs Netflix

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM
  • 11 Replies
For those that have both - Are there many shows/movies available on netflix on demand (not DVDs) that are not on amazon prime?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I've tried both. I go back to Netflix every time. It has more options is user friendly and plays on more things with ease example ps3, Google Chrome, phone & tablet. I believe. It's cheaper also?
IMO Netflix all the way.
KristaP13
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I feel like it breaks even. Sometimes netflix has what I'm looking for, sometimes amazon has it. Most of the time they both have the same shows/movies. 

Sorry, I'm no help lol 

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:55 PM

they both have stuff the other doesn't, personally for me, prime wouldn't be worth it if it weren't for the 2-day shipping. if i was just paying for the instant video i'd probably cancel it.

LovePhotoBug5
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Netflix - we watch House of Cards (Netflix only), Mad Men, Drop Dead Diva, Witches of East End, Better off Ted, Sherlock (don't know if any of these are on Amazon).

I think, but am not sure, that you can check to see what is on Netflix by going to the website? Maybe do a trial run for two weeks (free) and see if you like what is available.

LadyIQ
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We have both and Netflix wins hands down. Amazon is annoying and not very user friendly.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Awesome! I already have amazon prime but I think I'll add netflix... They offered another free trial. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM

There are more on netflix. If you tell me which ones you are looking for, I can check for you. 

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I just went ahead and got it - I have been wanting to see Orange is the New Black! Excited!!

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

There are more on netflix. If you tell me which ones you are looking for, I can check for you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

They seem to pretty much copy each other, it's sort of irritating.

Edit to add, Amazon does at least carry a bunch of the older HBO shows and some of the newer ones as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I use amazon prime for everything but the movies and shows. I think one time I watched a show that Netflix didn't have
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)