• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He came back

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

When I was 14, I met a guy from another state. We were friends first, then over time - and I mean several years - we developed into a relationship. When I was 18, I was sleeping with him. I was head over heals in love with him. But his family had other plans. One night, we got into a huge fight, and I decided to leave. But before I did, his grandmother told me that he thought I was a whore and wanted nothing to do with me. (Ultimately she had found out we were sleeping together, and instead of talking to us about it - decided to end it for us).

In my 18 year old mind - I believed his grandmother hook, line and sinker. 3 months later. I found out I was pregnant. I called him to tell him, but by this point we were so upset with eachother that we fought. We were too immature to handle the situation. His grandmother had inflitrated the situation and messed with both of our heads. Ultimately what she wanted.

I was DEVASTATED. For a long time, he was whom I measured everyone against. He was my heart. But my pride made it hard to even accept his calls. My daughter, Dakota, was born stillborn at 34 weeks. She was his twin. It was the singlemost hardest thing I've ever had to endure and I did it alone.  

Fastforward 12 years, the invention of Facebook and advanced technology. Turns out EVERYTHING that his grandmother said was a lie. He didn't think I was a whore. He loved me - his first love - and had been looking for me since our last phone call. Knew I was pregnant, wanted to know if he had a child that he was looking for. Only for me to tell him, she had died.

My problem, after all these years - I think I'm still in love with him. And I just can't be in love with him. I tried to cut things off and just leave all the hurt that I've shouldered for the last decade behind me. If he wasn't supposed to be in my life, why did he look for me? HE tells me he loves me and it just confuses me. I don't know how to react to all of this? Is this the twisted version of the Notebook? He came back - but I'm in a realationship and I'm so confused now. HOW do you forget your first love? Forgive them for making stupid childish mistakes and move past losing a child - all over again?

Sorry so long.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a guy who I compared all others to. He also found me on Facebook after 15 years. We both happened to be single. We got together, had our wedding planned and it turned out he had another woman pregnant and was leading a double life. I'm so happy that I found out before marrying him! And that I could get over comparing all others to him. I ended up finding my soulmate and I couldn't be happier.

I say go for it. You'll never know unless you try.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM
You say you're in a relationship now. Are you married? Do you have children with your new man? If the answer is yes to either one of those questions then you should probably stay where you are. Your decision will impact others around you.

If you aren't married and have no children, I guess you could give it a try. I would take things slowly at first, though.

Just my 2¢ :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Sweety our stories are so similar only it was his own mother that destroyed us and I lost our twins born still at twenty weeks. We too found each other twelve years later in myspace I was in a bad marriage and I found out she lied he was always my heart and soul I divorced and we married in 2009 and five years later still going strong! Good luck girl don't make the same mistake twice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Mobile Photo

Your daughter was your boyfriend's twin? What?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I'm guessing they looked alike

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I'm sure she meant bc she looked just like him. Duh!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

coavsgrl
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Once in awhile we find our perfect love...if we are lucky enough. All the hurt and pain was not his fault...that on someone else. I would personally go after him because you never know...and knowing is everything. You don't second guess the rest of your life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Haha plot twist!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:29 PM
This

Quoting KeepOnTryin: You say you're in a relationship now. Are you married? Do you have children with your new man? If the answer is yes to either one of those questions then you should probably stay where you are. Your decision will impact others around you.

If you aren't married and have no children, I guess you could give it a try. I would take things slowly at first, though.

Just my 2¢ :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:36 PM
trust me on this if you don't try you will Recredit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)