Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid Dog!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM
  • 24 Replies

So I have a little dog a shitzu poodle bichion shes a really god dog, nice with the kids, lovable, listens well we can walk with her off the lesh and she stays close to us. She a little over a year old and still makes messes in the house! UGHHH! I am so frustrated. I dont believe in crate training i dont find it fair to have her locked up. She doesnt always make messes just sometimes. I spent all weekend cleaning and scrubbing the floors I left for a few hours today and come home a poo and she got into the garbage and chewed up a diaper! (luckily it wasnt a messy diaper) I normally put a gate up for she cant get upstairs but I was in a hurry and forgot. 

I love this dog and I dont wanna get rid of her but seriously i am almost at the last straw with this dang dog! She was also like this before the baby was born. I dont wanna have to put her in training classes those are so fricken expensive! 

Anyone have any ideas? Please help! 

COME JOIN THE L.O.L GROUP FOR A GOOD LAUGH!

www.cafemom.com/group/120396

juggling

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM

sorry, we firmly believe in crate training

dlock25
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Crate train. Problem solved. It's not cruel. It's actually recommended to keep them safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Court112
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM

If was started with crate training it might have been okay but when we first got her I worked 12 hours shifts a day so i felt bad and we had roommate so they would be coming and going and she would be still ocked up while they were there. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

sorry, we firmly believe in crate training

juggling

armywifey1983
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Crate train. Seriously. Not only is it actually fair to the dog, but if the training is used correctly, they'll actually like the crate and consider it their own private space. No dog is too old to learn about it. Find a local trainer and talk to them about the best way to go about training your dog. Everyone will be so much happier, I promise!

Court112
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Im taking her to get groomed today, so ill have to ask them and see what they think Im losing my mind with this dog. 

Quoting armywifey1983:

Crate train. Seriously. Not only is it actually fair to the dog, but if the training is used correctly, they'll actually like the crate and consider it their own private space. No dog is too old to learn about it. Find a local trainer and talk to them about the best way to go about training your dog. Everyone will be so much happier, I promise!

juggling

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not fair to your dog to rehome her because you don't know how to crate train or potty train her either.  If she's home and has to go she's going to go and not hold it.  If they are in their own space they often times would not go where they lay. They really do learn to look at it as their space. 

Even though training classes can be expensive it sounds like that's what you need to do to do right by your dog. 

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:35 PM
hmmmxhbbjzjjzjjhzhhjxjjdjdjdjdududduuddududuuujtktkyzjzghhgmgZbhsgshhzdhxuxjjxjzjhzjzjxjxjxjxjhxhjjjjkj😓🐶🐷🐇🐩💒🐁🐂🐁🐈🐲🐆🐆🐆🐫hxhgzhjxjonvnbbbbbb Bibb nchhh h chjcjxjxjxjxh hi jj j bhhxhxhb I jxhj cjjcjcjaasshj jjk n jh hhhhh high hh huh h huh h jcjdjfjdjkfkfj ujccjj I I

Sorry. My three year old was playing on my phone. Hahaha
JC2223
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Do more research on proper crate training. It's not cruel, it like their bedroom, their sanctuary, their quiet spot. My dogs sleep in their crates, go in them when they are tired on their own, know to go in them when they see me get my purse to leave the house. If we say "Go to bed" to my 1.5yo Rottie/Lab mix, she runs up the stairs to her crate in my bedroom and will pull the door closed herself. 

Court112
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM

She goes outside all morning, when she wants out, she goes out. I take her out frequently she can go by herself, or out on the lesh she does the samething. We thought that maybe she thinks she can just play so we put her on a lesh to go to the bathroom and she still makes a mess, and like I said she doesnt always do this its just like once a week sometimes less. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not fair to your dog to rehome her because you don't know how to crate train or potty train her either.  If she's home and has to go she's going to go and not hold it.  If they are in their own space they often times would not go where they lay. They really do learn to look at it as their space. 

Even though training classes can be expensive it sounds like that's what you need to do to do right by your dog. 

juggling

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Use what they teach in the training classes and train her yourself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)