Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pot is NOT BETTER THAN Cigerettes according to the American Lung Association!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM
  • 99 Replies
1 mom liked this

Tobacco vs. Marijuana

Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals.  There are 33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked, marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.

Marijuana smoke is also an irritant to the lungs, and frequent marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems experienced by people who smoke tobacco. These include coughing and phlegm production on most days, wheezing, bronchitis, and greater risk of lung infection.

LINK TO THE SOURCE

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllieKat
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM
*covers eyes and ears*
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
So eat it instead.
Lilith23
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM
..... Well, since i roll my joints with Mary Jane and tobacco :) I'm pretty much fucked. Lovely, thank you for this information.
thetrollcat
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL YW meow :D

Quoting Lilith23: ..... Well, since i roll my joints with Mary Jane and tobacco :) I'm pretty much fucked. Lovely, thank you for this information.

veggiemom474
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:52 PM

BS! I know many heavy pot smokers, myself included, and no one has issue's like a cigarette smoker. Not to mention, THC is protective against throat cancer. This is pure propoganda.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Then where is all the lung cancer caused pot? Oh, right, there isn't any. Because doesn't cause cancer, it cures it.
thetrollcat
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:53 PM

are you saying the lung association of America are liars?

Quoting kailu1835: Then where is all the lung cancer caused pot? Oh, right, there isn't any. Because doesn't cause cancer, it cures it.

Lilith23
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Oh hey! Off topic;
did you know the most liked list is on mobile now.
Scowl down, look, there it is,
you are welcome :)
go on....

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL YW meow :D

Quoting Lilith23: ..... Well, since i roll my joints with Mary Jane and tobacco :) I'm pretty much fucked. Lovely, thank you for this information.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm saying they have a lot to lose if everyone realizes that pot fights lung cancer.

Quoting thetrollcat:

are you saying the lung association of America are liars?

Quoting kailu1835: Then where is all the lung cancer caused pot? Oh, right, there isn't any. Because doesn't cause cancer, it cures it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Smoking anything is bad for you.
You're not supposed to inhale SMOKE.
Take it some other way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)