Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you can afford dog food, try paying for your kids food too

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
2 moms liked this
People on food stamps shouldn't have pets if they can't even afford to feed their own kids!

So irritating when I see parents paying $24.99 for 5 LB dog food, and then swipe that magic EBT card for all their kid's food.

You obviously can't even feed your kid independently, you should probably not own pets. More mouths to feed but of course that's what the government is for right.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this

yes, because everyone who is on FS went out and got a pet AFTER they were put in the situation of needing help to feed their families

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I agree.

Quoting Anonymous: People on food stamps shouldn't have pets if they can't even afford to feed their own kids! So irritating when I see parents paying $24.99 for 5 LB dog food, and then swipe that magic EBT card for all their kid's food. You obviously can't even feed your kid independently, you should probably not own pets. More mouths to feed but of course that's what the government is for right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I have a dog, I am on food stamps and the 50 pound bag of dog food costs me $25 and lasts me well over a month. Feeding a dog is cheaper than feeding children. It could be worse though. I could use my foodstamps to make home made food for my dog. You know, get him ribs and beef and just buy him all the good stuff with that money.

mich2.0
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I grew up on foodstamps and we always had dogs. My dad raised hounds for hunting and kept a few for his own personal hunting too. 

gradysmom2006
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Did it ever occur to you that those people may have owned that family pet before they hit hard times?

You would like them to get rid of their child's dog/cat?

You obviously have never been through a rough patch if your solution to the problem is to hurt the children's feelings.
mommyflaw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Dog food= ten dollars every other week if you spring for the off brand.
Plus I don't know many people that go "I'm having trouble even affording to eat LETS GET A DOGGIE TOO!!1" No. Just...no.

millieswife
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM
This

Quoting gradysmom2006: Did it ever occur to you that those people may have owned that family pet before they hit hard times?

You would like them to get rid of their child's dog/cat?

You obviously have never been through a rough patch if your solution to the problem is to hurt the children's feelings.
mich2.0
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

yes, because everyone who is on FS went out and got a pet AFTER they were put in the situation of needing help to feed their families

And if someone made a post about getting rid of their dog because they lost their job people would be telling them they are horrible for kicking their ''family member'' to the curb.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM
So what should everyone do with their pets?
Spam72
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Did you know foster kids get food stamps? The family may have money and took in a foster child. Who knows? I just don't look at how they pay so I don't worry about it. Honestly I'm not sure I know what a food stamp card looks like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN