Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 year old potty accidents

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

I just joined this group and im not sure if this is the right place to post this but hopefully someone has some answers for me!! my 7 1/2 year old boy is still having potty accidents. i have tried to take things away from him and that doesn't seem to help. he does have ADD and im not sure if that has anything to do with it. i know he knows how to go on the toilet because he has done it before its just not on a consistent basis. he will be going into 2nd grade in sept. and im worried more kids will start to notice and make fun of him. someone had also suggested that maybe he has IBS. just curious if any other moms have gone thru this.. thanks!!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM

poop or pee?

ajdahd13
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Have you taken him to the doctor? Just to check if he has kidney issues or something.

Otherwise, I'd tell him he will get made fun of in school if he doesn't start remembering to go potty. He'll either not care and get made fun of, and then care, or telling him that will make him realize he needs to go to the bathroom consistently.
belle07
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM

ohh i have told him that already and it doesnt seem to bother him.. and he poop's in his pants sometimes pee too.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

no typically developing 7 year old child poops his pants for the fun of it or because of the positive attention it brings....

take him to the doctor to rule out medical causes like encopresis

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)