Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

armour ladies I have a question

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
Okay ladies how long after you take armour can you eat? And do you have to drink a certain about of water with it
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

You should wait at least 4 hours before eating and especially consuming any calcium containing products because the calcium can bind the thyroid medication greatly decreasing your bodies ability to absorb the hormone.

mommieof38829
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Thanks so wait 4 hours after I eat also? I just started armour today.

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

You should wait at least 4 hours before eating and especially consuming any calcium containing products because the calcium can bind the thyroid medication greatly decreasing your bodies ability to absorb the hormone.

mommieof38829
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Thanks I just started this med today and it's hard because I am on 4 different meds and I take the armour twice a day
Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Some people only wait an hour. But that can cause your body not to absorb the medication correctly.

Quoting mommieof38829: Thanks so wait 4 hours after I eat also? I just started armour today.
Quoting Book.Strumpet:

mommieof38829
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Thanks. I don't know how I will eat cause I have to take it when I wake then wait four hours for my meds then I have to do a second dose of armour and a second of the other meds:(

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

Some people only wait an hour. But that can cause your body not to absorb the medication correctly.

Quoting mommieof38829: Thanks so wait 4 hours after I eat also? I just started armour today.
Quoting Book.Strumpet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)