• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will being married make me a better mom??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

It seems like when I tell people that I am expecting the first thing on their minds is "Oh are you getting married?" Or "When is the wedding?" I am not very into marriage, I want to get married yeah, one of these days when I am ready to, but this just makes me angry! Have any of you encountered that? I mean just because I am twenty and not married won't make me any less of a good mother to my child! Sometimes I just want to get all hulk on them and smash! (kidding) but seriously pregnancies don't have to lead to marriages! What if I don't want to get married when I look like a whale! I plan on getting married when I am ready to, and obviously that isn't now. . .

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Do what you want, when you want to do it. And if someone you don't know asks about marriage tell them you already are married but your fingers are too swollen to wear the ring. Or, tell them to f#$% off and mind their own business.

malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM

There are good married parents. There are good unmarried parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
If you want stability and want to set a good example for your children, you should be married to the father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
I think, and have been told, that I am a damn good mom and I am not married to my fiance. I was 19 when we decided to try for a baby and got pregnant, and 20 when I had him. I don't five two shits what people think of my marital status, because it in no way effects my parenting.

Hope that helps! :-)

And congrats on the baby :-)
nayeli.c
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Being married won't make you a better mom but it often creates more stability and a better environment for your child to grow up in (unless it is a bad marriage of course).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)